• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

new k-1 lodge, new north ridge quad at K + enhanced snowmaking at pico

machski

The new K1 should facilitate better flow from Superstar to K1 and vice versa as well with it being positioned in the current drop off zone adjacent to the K1. Will also be nice that the lodge is on the same level as the K1. New Quad in NorthRidge is needed, the current triple is their oldest lift. Nothing said an increase in skier capacity though that is likely. But it may not be 25% more, they could increase chair spacing and decrease total chairs. That would make it less likely for stops.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Newpylong

I only use Skyeship base but the biggest plus to me of the new KBL is moving it downhill. That outta make that slog much better.

machski

I only use Skyeship base but the biggest plus to me of the new KBL is moving it downhill. That outta make that slog much better.
Funny, parked at Skyeship yesterday. Would be nice if they could fix the overhang roof to prevent the rainstorm between the lodge entrance and the gondola from snowmelt on the roofing.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Awesome stuff! Great time to be a K skier...very proud of the hill...hope they get the ROI they deserve (just not when I'm there). I'm up here for my first non-midweek skiing at Killington of the season...gonna be a great weekend with the powder!

KustyTheKlown

I said hello to south ridge!

I haven’t skied that terrain in 15 years probably

Roundabout Glade and Jug>Handle were great, and it’s awesome how I can take the chair back up and pop over to anarchy so easily

Killingtime

I said hello to south ridge!

I haven’t skied that terrain in 15 years probably

Roundabout Glade and Jug>Handle were great, and it’s awesome how I can take the chair back up and pop over to anarchy so easily

Yep, was great Saturday and Sunday. They definitely needed a lift back at that location. I hated that particular lift when it was at Snowden, but I love it now at the South Ridge. It seems faster too for some reason and wind hasn't been a problem.

JimG.

Staff member
K makes it hard to complain that they raised the season pass rate $20 for 19-20.

Very happy with my K season pass for 18-19, my modest goal was skiing there 20 days this season and I did that no problem. Definitely buying again for 19-20.

FBGM

So wait, they did millions of improvements last year. And this year. And at those other resorts. And didn’t borrow money from fake foreign investors or big pharma? Crazy.

machski

They are really moving fast on the North Ridge Quad. Most of the new lift parts are already on site, this must have been ordered and booked last year to get parts on site so fast. Should not be a problem for the new lift to be ready for October 1st, especially since they got a waiver to work through the Bicknell Thrush nesting season.

https://www.newenglandskiindustry.com/viewstory.php?storyid=763