• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Belleayre 3-22-19 Thank you Ullr!

legalskier

O.M.G.
Belle got 12" of heavy spring pow- arrived at 11:15 30F- snowed all day long- lots of pow shots (fun) and crud (a workout)- skied right till closing then headed up to Gore which is reporting 5" & more to come.
If you can get to the Cats today....GO!

More with pics later............

Edit:
So we left Belle Friday at 4:30 & it was still snowing- on Sat. their website was reporting 18"- guess we should've stayed there instead of heading to Gore but who knew? Beforehand, both areas had been predicted to receive the same amount (5"-8") on Friday, but Belle was the one that got lucky. I took this pic while skiing with snow over my boots:
bel 18 d.jpg
Roaring Brook had powder shots all the way, even after lunch. The snow was a little grabby so it was like slow motion powder skiing- very relaxing:
bel 18 b.jpg
Here's lower Winisook which ppl tend to go right by without even noticing. Fine by me!
bel 18 c.jpg
All in all, best day of the season at Belle.

Last edited: