• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WST: 3/30-31 The end is near? Or is it just the beginning?

tnt1234

Camelback is free for passholders from other resorts for the rest of the season. Toying with that idea for Sunday.

Hmm....I do have an epic pass this year....

Will keep an eye on the weather....

jaytrem

Camelback is free for passholders from other resorts for the rest of the season. Toying with that idea for Sunday.

Thanks, took them up on that a few years ago. Don't recall them offering that lately. Will probably head there on Saturday.

Teleskier

Stratton pond skim is this Saturday.

Don't areas usually close after that - where pond skim is their last open day?

drjeff

Stratton pond skim is this Saturday.

Don't areas usually close after that - where pond skim is their last open day?

Area by area for sure on whether or not pond skim day is the last day of the season.

Bromley and Mount Snow for example had their pond skims last weekend, and it most definitely wasn't their last day of the year. Killington's is soon, and it won't be on their last day by any means.

Smaller areas often do have it coincide with their last day. For sure though to have a pond skim, areas still need to have a 3 to 5 feet of base where they dig the pond and put the liner in to retain the water

Ol Dirty Noodle

Bellayre’s pond skim is Saturday and it’s supposed to hit 60 Saturday and Sunday, they haven’t posted a closing date yet but I suspect this weekend could be the last because of the rain and warm temps coming next week.

JimG.

Staff member
Bellayre’s pond skim is Saturday and it’s supposed to hit 60 Saturday and Sunday, they haven’t posted a closing date yet but I suspect this weekend could be the last because of the rain and warm temps coming next week.

Belleayre will make it easily to 4/14 if they want to. Plenty of snow on the snowmaking trails and still mounds of reserve snow to push around at early melt out areas.

jg17

Off the mountain this weekend due to other plans, but already thinking ahead to next week. Thinking of a full weekend at Mount Snow to close out the season...

Ol Dirty Noodle

Belleayre will make it easily to 4/14 if they want to. Plenty of snow on the snowmaking trails and still mounds of reserve snow to push around at early melt out areas.

Good I thought the same but thought I might be a little delusional, it’s just the projected rain and sustained high 50s next week that had me concerned, I may have to develop measles for next week...[emoji855][emoji48][emoji961][emoji2958]

njdiver85

Was hoping to get to Wildcat on Sunday or Monday, despite the rain. But what worries me are the winds predicted. Does anyone know how they do lift-wise on windy days?

Edd

Was hoping to get to Wildcat on Sunday or Monday, despite the rain. But what worries me are the winds predicted. Does anyone know how they do lift-wise on windy days?

They are prone to closures depending on direction. I’ve bailed on days where the wind forecast was insane but they ended up running it all day. I don’t trust the forecasts anymore. I just go, unless 0 degree temps come with the wind.

Teleskier

With the caveat that my personal visit days represent a drop in the overall bucket...

I've been on the chair on very windy days (seemingly coming from Mt Washington) that I worried they might close the quad to wind hold, but they didn't;

AND...

I've never been there where they closed the quad due to winds.

Wildcat happens to be one of my few "skied 100% of the time" ski areas. (Is it them, or happy luck of the draw?)

Edd

AND...

I've never been there where they closed the quad due to winds.

Wildcat happens to be one of my few "skied 100% of the time" ski areas. (Is it them, or happy luck of the draw?)

It’s a common occurrence. I’ve been there several times when it shut down for winds.

Skrn

Was planning to go to sugarbush for the weekend but the wind is concerning. Now planning to hit Loon as a day trip on Saturday

rocks860

Heading up early to sugarbush tomorrow, fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teleskier

Over the week I've been watching the expected rainfall value drop lower and lower for Sat.

Right now it's at a low .1 inch, which I can convince myself is the same as no rain at all.