• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WST: 3/30-31 The end is near? Or is it just the beginning?

Kleetus

I think from K south in VT has a good shot at being rain free tomorrow.

Not able to swing VT this weekend but going to see how things look in the AM. Gore if rain holds off, otherwise Belle since its further south and virtually assured no to rain tomorrow. Further south and east you go looks like less chance of rain. Although not looking bad for northern VT or NY either.

Sent from my SM-G892A using AlpineZone mobile app

Glenn

Getting a late start in SoVT may not be a bad idea today. NWS is calling for a chance of showers before 10/11AM then cloudy. Just have to be mindful of the wind that'll pick up throughout the day.

gladerider

I'd be shocked if if didn't. Even tbe Base pass is a season pass with some blackouts. Now an Epic 4 day I could see not working.
Just called them. They said ikon is good. Guess will check it out. Not much rain expected there. Haven't been there in almost 30 yrs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kleetus

Gore is socked in. No rain but low clouds and 35 degrees. Also trail report says most of mountain open but in fact most is closed. Snow is soft so IDK what is going on....[emoji848]

Not looking like a good day as of now...

Sent from my SM-G892A using AlpineZone mobile app

cdskier

Was a light rain at sugarbush this morning but it stopped. Top 2/3 of the mountain in the clouds though. Froze up overnight so natural terrain may take a while to soften up. Temps barely above freezing right now and moving slowly so far...

Kind of a crappy last weekend for mount Ellen.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

rocks860

Yeah the fog here is insane. The top of the mountain is quite firm. I skied ripcord and could only see about 3 feet in front of me so that was terrifying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skrn

Was going to day trip to Loon but overslept. Sitting this weekend out.

Next weekend seems to be wet too... what a crappy end to the season

Ol Dirty Noodle

Crazy fog to start at bellayre, no rain today but man it’s bare here, there’s patches of good snow with huge puddles ice and slush peppered about the trail, it’s kinda like a giant slalom obstacle course though so it makes it interesting, trees are toast. Nice and empty, ride the gondola solo a few times... yes I smoked in it... it’s tye dye day here though so that’s allowed

rocks860

Ditto for fog at Killington. Getting worse too. Pretty good bumps on ol and vertigo.

Groomed trails are iced over horrific messes

appears to be the opposite here, groomed stuff is good, natural trails the snow is practically impossible to turn on. Lower mountain at least

rocks860

Summit lift at mt Ellen
0733c830b67e1fe46b673efa1aa413a6.jpg

jaytrem

Cool, I'm here now. Nice corn skiing and found 2 sections of bumps. If you see a set of twins with white helmets and grey sweaters be sure to say hi.

rocks860

I take that back, exterminator was pretty fun. HeAdin back over to lp now

cdskier

I take that back, exterminator was pretty fun. HeAdin back over to lp now

Just did ext as well and it was pretty good. Would like a bit softer but I’ll take what I can get. Probably will be perfect soft spring bumps around 3:59pm lol

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Handlebars

Stratton is skiing very nicely. Soft snow everywhere, very little ice. Some bare spots. Visibility varies from pea soup fog to almost clear. Bottom of World Cup was very sticky; otherwise it’s not sticky at all.

Last edited: