• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WST: 3/30-31 The end is near? Or is it just the beginning?

Teleskier

Last weekend in Stowe might have been my last?

To me it looks like it will be way too warm even in N. VT, from today right through Monday, so it'll be mostly rain and negligible new snow.

tumbler

Yeah, it's not looking too good and I don't need to ski in the rain.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Gloom and doom galore in here....no region in the NE is getting "rained on" this weekend. Showers, yes, bt nothing steady. With natural snow trails still in-play I am going to get after it.

cdskier

Gloom and doom galore in here....no region in the NE is getting "rained on" this weekend. Showers, yes, bt nothing steady. With natural snow trails still in-play I am going to get after it.

I second this.

rocks860

I’ll be at sugarbush on Saturday, aleady bought the ticket so I’m committed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingslug

I'm there..hell I skied in the rain at Hunter ( well that sucked)..but if it softens at Stowe..good to go. I'll dry off later.

Teleskier

Looking on the glass half-full side, I suppose snow can withstand 'just' a half-inch of warm rain fairly well.

And the winds look to be a lot less than last weekend, so no wind holds.

I'm on the fence. Do I put off doing spring tasks for yet another weekend? :)

drjeff

Looking on the glass half-full side, I suppose snow can withstand 'just' a half-inch of warm rain fairly well.

And the winds look to be a lot less than last weekend, so no wind holds.

I'm on the fence. Do I put off doing spring tasks for yet another weekend? :)

Not a ton of weekends of lift served left at many places, let alone when most places that are open are still if not 100% open, then very close to it!

I figure that the sticks on my lawn and some random leaves from last fall still in a few garden beds can stay there a little bit longer! Gotta get the turns in this time of year, regardless of the type of precip that is or isn't falling from the sky! :)

Domeskier

Blue Mountain (PA) just moved up their closing date from Sunday to Saturday. Closing at 4 on Saturday, too... They shut down any chance they get when there's even a whiff of rain in the forecast (especially midweek). Didn't think they'd pull that garbage on their closing weekend.

trackbiker

I skied Blue last night. Razor's Edge is bumped up from top to bottom on skiers left. Also bumps on Nightmare and Main Street. Should be soft on Saturday.

Domeskier

I skied Blue last night. Razor's Edge is bumped up from top to bottom on skiers left. Also bumps on Nightmare and Main Street. Should be soft on Saturday.

Yeah - should be sweet from the start. Doesn't look like temps will drop below the high 40s from Friday night on.

Griswold

I’ll be there Saturday hitting the bumps

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

tnt1234

Blue Mountain (PA) just moved up their closing date from Sunday to Saturday. Closing at 4 on Saturday, too... They shut down any chance they get when there's even a whiff of rain in the forecast (especially midweek). Didn't think they'd pull that garbage on their closing weekend.

Oh...darn it. Was thinking I would hit blue Sunday. Can't ski Saturday.

Oh well...one more try second weekend in April for Stowe, otherwise, I'm done.

Domeskier

Oh...darn it. Was thinking I would hit blue Sunday. Can't ski Saturday.

Oh well...one more try second weekend in April for Stowe, otherwise, I'm done.

Camelback is free for passholders from other resorts for the rest of the season. Toying with that idea for Sunday.