• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WST: 3/30-31 The end is near? Or is it just the beginning?

tnt1234

Well, that was a fun weekending. From the Catskills to N.vt, sounds like everyone got the goods. Killer day at Belleayre for me Saturday.

But what does next weekend hold? Forecasts for the Cats aren't great. What about N.Vt? There is certainly good base up there - will this weekend be the kick off of corn season? Squeeze one more out of the pokes? Maybe S.Vt doesn't warm up too much?

Is this closing weekend for some southern mountains?

Speculate away!

Me - Could possibly day trip Sunday, but would take a promise of exceptional soft and sunny skiing, or a good group of friends and family to make we want to do it. Last Sat. was so good, I'd be satisfied calling it a season. Though I am holding out hope for an early April N.Vt weekend....I'm sure there will be snow, but my schedule doesn't allow a weekend away until that second week - the 10th? I might be done...

skiur

We are getting into that time of year where all you need for a good day is abundant sunshine. Warm temps help but sun alone is enough to soften everything it touches up this time of year. While I hate to see winter leave as it means the end is getting closer, at least we get a nice consolation prize......spring bumps and tailgating for the next 2 months!

KustyTheKlown

going to silverton wednesday
eastern season resumes 4/6 for the bear mountain mogul challenge

Glenn

Weather is looking a bit iffy now for the weekend. But that can change. Temps do look to be warm for some spring skiing.

Newpylong

Beginning of the end for the low elevations. 41-64 degrees for Central NH for the next 10+ days with some rain tossed it Sunday.

drjeff

Yup, this looks to be the weekend where a good chunk of the areas who don't usually try and go deep into April will probably spin the last chair of the season, and then if 10 day forecast for next week is remotely close, that will probably take it down to less than 20 areas open after the 1st weekend of April comes to an end.

Getting into the "no excuses" time of the season for not getting out there to get a few more days in if one wants to. The bases are still generally good, the operations feasibility financially is going to likely rapidly start to fall off for most places in the next 1 to 3 weeks

KustyTheKlown

This week they are in a freeze/thaw cycle so it looks like spring skiing

This weeks co storm is more northern

I do a single heli drop on Saturday. Bucket list

Domeskier

There's going to be 2500 feet of seeded bumps at Blue Mountain this weekend with temperatures hitting 70 degrees. Might need to do the pond skim just to survive it.

drjeff

Winter Brewfest and a great band playing on Cuzzin's Deck at Mount Snow on Saturday, and the the Gladiator Bump comp on Ripcord with a BBQ and a Tiki Bar at the base of it on Sunday. Skiing some soft bumps and some mashed potatoes as well on one of the weekends of the ski season I most look forward to every year regardless of what the weather is!

tnt1234

There's going to be 2500 feet of seeded bumps at Blue Mountain this weekend with temperatures hitting 70 degrees. Might need to do the pond skim just to survive it.

that's my only chance for skiing this weekend. Might try for Sunday, but schedule getting a little jammed.

Blue on a nice sunny day is pretty fun. I like the outdoor bars at the summit lodge.

tnt1234

Might have to finally hit Starr from the top..need to hit all front 4 from the top this season.

Did you get upper liftline?

Upper goat is the craziest IMO. 8 feet wide, but really only 2 feet skiable as the other 6 immediately turn into windblown ice. What a great trail.