Burke 3/23/19 Powder Day

AlpineZone

Burke 3/23/19 Powder Day

Burke got slammed by last week's Nor'Easter. 31" of progressively lighter powder. Arrived for chair opening and got 3 really good runs before the "crowds" arrived. Longest line at the Mid-Burke Express was about 8 minutes (between 10:00 and 11:00). After 1:00 it was ski on.

Throbulator:
    TD-0125 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

Grant-0133 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

Jungle:
    KT-0193 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

Patroler on ReRun:
    Patrol Pow-0093 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr
    You can see my photos here - http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

That looks impressively deep and powdery for this time of year. A lot of places got hit with strong wind on Saturday, but the way the snow is sitting on the branches in the photos, it doesn't look like it was very windy there.

Nice shots ! It was a perfect day ! Throbulator was a fun run even for not getting first tracks !!

Quote Originally Posted by speden View Post
    That looks impressively deep and powdery for this time of year. A lot of places got hit with strong wind on Saturday, but the way the snow is sitting on the branches in the photos, it doesn't look like it was very windy there.
    Portions of the wide open trails (e.g. Upper Warrens Way) were the wind could get to the surface were wind packed or scoured to the base snow. The top of the T-Bar was sporting a 8' drift that the poor lift attendants spent two hours shoveling out. The wind wasn't strong enough to penetrate the trees leaving the surface very powdery. We were shocked at the snow quality. At my house in the valley, it was heavy and wet.
    You can see my photos here - http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Nice pics!

SoVT

Thread Information