Binding recommendation

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Binding recommendation

Iím going to order a pair of Enforcer 104ís tomorrow and not sure what bindings to get. I am leaning towards Pivot 12ís but Iíve never had them and looking for advice or suggestions on what to get. Iím a heavy guy that skis aggressively most of the time and all my other ones are set at Din 7.

Quote Originally Posted by asnowmobiler View Post
    Iím going to order a pair of Enforcer 104ís tomorrow and not sure what bindings to get. I am leaning towards Pivot 12ís but Iíve never had them and looking for advice or suggestions on what to get. Iím a heavy guy that skis aggressively most of the time and all my other ones are set at Din 7.
    You ski them yet ? I have a pair now that Im about to demo tomorrow, thinking the same thing. they have the Wardens on them now but Ive got no experience with them !

What are you getting for prices on the 104s ? just curious !!

What is heavy? I'm not heavy (about 165) and ski aggressive, and at a din of 7 I would be losing skis in the bumps.

Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    What is heavy? I'm not heavy (about 165) and ski aggressive, and at a din of 7 I would be losing skis in the bumps.
    i was going to ask the same question. i am not heavy at all and my din is at 8. i have rossi axial 12, which is a very similar to pivot 12.
    gladerider

Ditto, about 170 and my DIN is an 8 or 8.5. I mostly on either Marker Griffins or Dukes for reference. Love those BTW.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by gladerider View Post
    i was going to ask the same question. i am not heavy at all and my din is at 8. i have rossi axial 12, which is a very similar to pivot 12.
    Don't forget it isn't just your weight. Your height, age, and boot sole length all factor into the calculation of DIN as well. Was just playing around with a DIN calculator and can easily get a value of 7 even for a Type 3 skier at the heaviest weight option.

I have not skied the the 104’s only the 100’s because that’s all they had at the time. The 110’s and 104’s have the profile that I want, Considered getting the 110s but I doubt that I would use them much on the East Coast and I only go west once a year.
    I found the 110 for $500 and 104 are $750.
    I weigh 250, BSl 328 and I’m 50 level 2 skier, that puts me at a din #6 on most charts. I don’t ski moguls, I love carving high speed turns on my carving skis, the Enforcers will be for soft snow days.
    Chrisy’s at Snowbird put my Din at 6 and I did have an early release that day.

Quote Originally Posted by asnowmobiler View Post
    I have not skied the the 104ís only the 100ís because thatís all they had at the time. The 110ís and 104ís have the profile that I want, Considered getting the 110s but I doubt that I would use them much on the East Coast and I only go west once a year.
    I found the 110 for $500 and 104 are $750.
    I weigh 250, BSl 328 and Iím 50 level 2 skier, that puts me at a din #6 on most charts. I donít ski moguls, I love carving high speed turns on my carving skis, the Enforcers will be for soft snow days.
    Chrisyís at Snowbird put my Din at 6 and I did have an early release that day.
    Thanks, Pretty much what im seeing here in NH.

The DIN setting thing is interesting to me. I'm 5'9" 195lbs, pretty aggressive skier who loves the bumps and glades. When I got new skis this year with Marker Griffon bindings, the ski tech who was mounting the bindings said I came out as an 8 (or 9, I forget). My previous set of skis with the same bindings were set to a 6 and I've been very happy with them. They release when they should and don't release unexpectedly. I asked the tech to set my new skis to 6.5 and so far I've been very happy.

I understand that people want their skis to stay on when they huck a cliff or ski something steep and if they fall, their skis could end up way down the hill so they crank up the DIN. I'm not hucking cliffs. I want my skis to pop off if there is any danger to my legs. I've never had my skis pop off unexpectedly in the moguls (or anywhere).

I really like mine. Recommended.

5A87453E-0E7D-48F0-8787-F5AE9668A6C6.jpg

Thread Information