• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The dreaded ''Closings 2019'' thread

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Major update on my last post.

Update: Thursday evening:
Another April weekend, another terrible forecast weekend. From my point of view, flood levels are the highest in a generation, the rivers are rising and the call is still for a few days of rain. You know there is an issue when you have to look if the highways are still open if you want to go skiing.

A few things have come into focus the last few hours, rain and impact on the snowpack.
A few ski areas which generally don’t have much issues with lack of snow late in season are calling it a season due to the unfavourable forecast again this weekend are throwing in the towel like Massif du Sud, Mont Comi and Mont Sutton. Mont Orford decided not to try to reopen after not opening Easter weekend.
Others are warning that they might not open on certains days as planed or at all this weekend due to the same forecast: Ste-Anne and Vallée Bleue.

Other like Jay, Sugarloaf, without mentioning Sutton, have dialled back hopes to spinning beyond May 5. It looks like again this season, that the last spinning lifts will be at MSS and Kmart.

https://madpatski.wordpress.com/2019/04/23/after-the-deluge-whats-left-eastern-closing-2019-week-4/

skiur

K already pulled the plug on Friday with the rain, open sat n sun.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Not Loveland....but there is certainly love in what I'm seeing happening in the East.

The energizer bunny 2018-19 ski season... still going strong.
Deep snowpack...even snow in some part of the East.

MSS changed their announced closing date from May 20 to TBD. Confirming next weekend May 26-27 and tentatively June 1-2.

Here is this week's blog post:
May is the new April? Eastern Closing 2019 – Week 7
https://madpatski.wordpress.com/2019/05/14/may-is-the-new-april-eastern-closing-2019-week-7/

dblskifanatic

IMG_1498.jpg

A Basin on Sunday. Firm start and bumps were not good but by 10 it was really good everywhere. Pali, Beavers and Zuma are all closed now.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone