• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The dreaded ''Closings 2019'' thread

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
I saw they're opening this Saturday for one more day. $25 window rate and $10 for pass-holders from other mountains.
I've made a few tiny edits with the latest information I saw.
A few confirmations on open or not this weekend.
A few new extended or retracted closing dates (ex: Saturday instead of Sunday or adding an extra weekend).
And one surprise one day opening today (Thursday) for Northeast Slopes for one day only.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com

legalskier

njdiver85

Killington on Friday- yes or no? Looks like rain won't start up again until late in the day on Friday.

cdskier

Wow...MRG announced they are going for their new record on Saturday.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Wow...MRG announced they are going for their new record on Saturday.

Thanks. I just checked hour ago and it was still not announced.

Wow...

Today is not the day to sit inside writing marketing copy so I’ll keep this short. In true Mad River Glen fashion, we are going to go against all sound and reasonable ski area management decision-making principles and open for one more day on Saturday only. We will operate the single chair only from 10am-4pm. It is going to be warm, wet and probably require some creative "skiing" to get down the mountain.

Major update on my blog post.

https://madpatski.wordpress.com/201...e-easter-and-deep-into-april-snowpack-week-3/

Update, April 17, 2:00pm: Wash out Easter Weekend. Ski areas are looking at all the rain in the forecast and wondering about the weekend plans. Regardless of the huge amount of snow, some decided that they will not open for one last weekend at Easter.

So far these include:
Camp Fortune
Le Massif
St-Mathieu
Val d'Irène
Whiteface
Burke
Smuggs

Other decided to reopen today Wednesday on the last sunny spring day prior to wet Easter weekend. Miller moved it closing date to today, while Mad and Smokey haven't made a call on this weekend.
Miller
Mad River Glen
Smokey

deadheadskier

Staff member

chuckstah

Wildcat announced on Facebook early this week they will be weekends only after Easter. May 5th is the goal, but I'm guessing 4/28

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

I skied Wildcat today, epic corn bump afternoon, but base is getting thin. I agree 4/28 should not be much of an issue. 5/5? They would really have to want to do it, and that is usually not the case. And the mountain was packed today by Wildcat standards as lift lines reached 3 or 4 minutes at peak. Families will come out during spring vacation on the nice days.

Last edited:

machski

I am glad the wife and I made the plan to go to Mammoth this weekend and next week (NHVaca week). The weather out here looks horrible, with stuff starting to shrink fast. Meanwhile, out there they just kept the ENTIRE resort open through the last weekend of April now. Glad they let me upgrade my lodging without penalty now that the village and village Gondola are in play our entire stay.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

The Sneak

Thank you Pat, always appreciate your blog. Hoping to get one more day in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skiur

Has to be a mistake that Big Boulder in PA will be open May 4th?

skiur

Wow, even though its just in the park, its pretty impressive for a PA resort to open in May.