• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

seriously, go to silverton

skifree

thanks. i appreciate that. i go hard to go hard. as much as i lament the upcoming end of season, i look forward to reconnecting with friends who don't ski, to seeing live music on the weekends, to spending time with my girlfriend more, to sleeping past 6:30 AM on a saturday, and to maybe getting a dog...

my birthday is this friday. to celebrate, we are leaving after work at 5:30 PM instead of 3:30 AM, staying at the (totally beautiful and renovated) lake bomoseen lodge in castleton, will hit the bear mountain mogul challenge saturday, and probably stratton sunday

next weekend hoping for sugarbush x 2

the following weekend my company is closed for good friday and i'm thinking sugarloaf since i have the 3 day weekend

my lease ends on 4/28 and i am not renewing it so i need to attend to the car last weekend of april. gonna try to not have a car and save the monthly payment for may and june and get something new in july. will need to borrow my parents' or sister's car or get a buddy to drive for may superstar sessions.

just drive speed limit in Castleton. 1 mile over limit and you will get pulled over.
Very tough in that area on speed limits..

KustyTheKlown

cool, thanks. i can't recommend the lake bomoseen lodge enough. we stumbled across it on expedia two weeks ago. same price as the roadway (roachway) in rutland, and only 20 min further from K, and 20 closer to home, so why not. we found an amazingly renovated property, on the shores of the lake, with a brand new bar/restaurant with 15 draught lines and a large selection of local bottles and cans. for $90 a night. its my new central VT go to. far enough from K that winter is decidedly off-season and inexpensive.

kingslug

By the end of April I've forgotten what weekends without skiing are like...and I'm shot...and my truck is totally covered in mud.

Whitey

the following weekend my company is closed for good friday and i'm thinking sugarloaf since i have the 3 day weekend

Should be a good call for the 3rd week of April. One trick I've used to break up the long trip to SL is to get to Farmington on the 1st night and stay at the Comfort Inn there. It's not expensive and shaves an hour off of the trip up. In the AM you just get up and drive that last last hour to SL, ski, and then stay somewhere on-mtn or nearby for the rest of the trip.

skiur

Stop the pictures!!! I dont think I could get any more jealous right now.

Blowhard

loving this thread as I had ST on my list this year but never made it, went to Whistler instead...three turns into my 1st heli run and I understood how people get addicted to crack so easily :smile:
we went heli 2 days after the first POW dump they had in 4 1/2 weeks. 12" +.
I only ever write "advanced" as I will never be expert about skiing. Avi 1 is a good thing to do, but you have to keep evaluating and learning which is hard to do on the east coast.

this was our heli day Heli.jpg

KustyTheKlown

yea, im starting a little savings fund for a full heli day for next year. tis the crack kikkane.

BlueBoy74

"Expert skier" yet last year you were bragging about going off the "cliff" at the top of Red/Witch at Magic lulz

KustyTheKlown

was never bragging. if i recall, i made a passing comment how i drew a few woos from the chairlift. that's it.

you're a douchebag either way tho, so good for you.