• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Very cool history of the Poconos skiing history.

raisingarizona

I don't know what else to say. I'm not leaving my job, and I don't have full autonomy over my schedule because I have a family. Moved here for a good career opportunity.

Skiing isn't #1 in my life. If it were, I would live a completely different existence in/near a ski town.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app

Right on! I get and respect that.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Blue is in Carbon County. Just barely. And is part of the Poconos.
Elk is in Susquehanna County and Montage is in Lackawanna County.

Yea...NO . It's Part of the Kittatinny ridge http://kittatinnyridge.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/FINAL_Kittatinny_NorthMountain_map.pdf

The Pocono Plateau ends about 5 Miles North
http://www.docs.dcnr.pa.gov/topogeo/field/map13/13gpoc/index.htm

But hey there's always Merchandising
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnXKE0nfAjI

IMG_1200.jpg

danimals

That snowfall map is interesting. Looks like the jackpot area is the laurel highlands, correct?

i can't believe you goobers are even talking about the poconos...do you even bro, bros?

you jerrys could never hack it with the TRU bros at silverton.

in all seriousness though, if i lived in morris county, hunter would be my #1 day trip option, at least on weekdays...if i had to ski on a weekend, sunday mornings at elk are ok, or under the lights at blue. where i used to live i was 20 minutes from bear creek, 1 hour from blue and 2 to elk and i almost always went to elk.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
For the Marketing Dept at Blue " Ski Blue Mountain Resort on The Scenic Blue Mountain situated on the Kittatinny Ridge at the Base of the Pocono mountains . " A 3 fer LOL

asnowmobiler

I live right between JF/BB, Camelback and Blue, I choose Blue every time when I don’t want to travel more than 30 minutes. Elk normally has better conditions and an interesting layout, but being an extra hour away makes it difficult to hit on the way home from work.
I did think about getting a season pass at Elk to mix things up, but $800 is nuts these days.

ne_skier

Going back to the classic photos, here’s Cleo at Camelback being installed way back in 1964. It was the first triple chair in the East US, the third in North America. It has since been extensively redone by another company in 1992
b458490f707add3a7f7b9d195bcc6221.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slidebrook87

I wonder if there are any modern chairlifts in the East that have been constructed without a helicopter. It seems like helicopters and a crew to bolt the tower in place have become the standard in the lift construction industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FBGM

i can't believe you goobers are even talking about the poconos...do you even bro, bros?

you jerrys could never hack it with the TRU bros at silverton.

in all seriousness though, if i lived in morris county, hunter would be my #1 day trip option, at least on weekdays...if i had to ski on a weekend, sunday mornings at elk are ok, or under the lights at blue. where i used to live i was 20 minutes from bear creek, 1 hour from blue and 2 to elk and i almost always went to elk.

This guy - talks shit on Pocono skiing then says how Huntah is the #1 option. This is like comparing having sex with your sister and cousin