• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New to You in 2018-2019

Cornhead

Ok, what new places did you ski this year? For me it was Oak Mountain, West Mountain, and Camelback. Oak was pretty cool. Has to have the slowest lift anywhere, fixed gripped quad. Makes the Northwoods quad at Gore seem speedy. You'd ski out to the loading zone, and wait, and wait, and wait. Luckily there were no lines on one of the busiest days this season. The food was really good. They're new chef was runner up on the TV show Hell's Kitchen. The prices were cheap too. I had asparagus, crab, and asiago quiche with Irish stew, $11. My buddy had lobster mac & cheese, $9.

We skied West the same day, they were busy before we got there, cars parked on the road. It was pretty scraped off, but seemed like it'd be good with some fresh snow, pretty good pitch. Skied it from 5-7pm.

Skied Camelback last Saturday. Found out it was season pass holders weekend, so decided to check it out. Not bad, 100% open. I think I would avoid it like the plague, or Hunter, on a mid season weekend.1968225651.jpg
Nice view of Lake Pleasant top of Oak
578154644.jpg
Oak
893346074.jpg
West
IMG_20190330_122050458.jpg
Camelback

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

Last edited:

Smellytele

no new ski areas for me this year. Did skin up Cannon for the first time this year, Also skied DJ's and the back side of the top of Mittersill for the first time.

cdskier

Mad River Glen

It was absolutely incredible. Loved the terrain and the vibe. I need to make it a point to go back there on a regular basis. Even though it was back in mid-December, it probably still ranks as one of my favorite days this season. So much more terrain there that I didn't get a chance to explore as well.

DSC_0321.jpg
DSC_0346.jpg
DSC_0383.jpg
DSC_0388.jpg

Skrn

Skrn

This is my 2nd ski season. So most ski resorts I visited this season are new to me.

Specifically:
UT: Alta, Snowbird, Brighton, Solitude, Deer Valley
CO: Steamboat, Copper
New England: Sugarbush, Sugarloaf, Sunday River, Stratton

Out of these resorts, Alta and Snowbird really impressed from all aspects - terrain, snow, easy access. I would like to visit them every year if possible. Steamboat has really fun tree skiing and I like to re-visit in the future. Sugarbush is easily my favorite in new england with great terrain off Castlerock chair. Need to visit more resorts in northern VT though!

Zand

Alta, Snowbird, Brighton, Solitude, Deer Valley, and Jackson Hole.

Nowhere new in the east, but everything outside of Barker at Sunday River was new to me, as was Sunbowl at Stratton.

urungus

Nothing new this year..but finaly skied down upper Goat at Stowe...that was a trip

Great accomplishment, hope to do that myself some day. I did manage to make it down one of the front four for the first time this year (National, including the drop-in).

Edd

Le Massif, Mont-Sainte-Anne, and Steamboat.

Also, somehow just got around to skiing Thompson Brook glade at Wildcat.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

drjeff

New... Pat's Peak - cool little mountain, great race hill for my youngest kid, solid pitch on the front side, nice mellow, family/ newer skier/rider on the backside

New again (as in hadn't skied there in almost 20 years!).... Jiminy Peak and Sugarbush

Jiminy.... Great Snowmaking, good pitch down the main face, liked Widow White's Peak which wasn't there the last time I skied Jiminy. Was cool to ski a place with my oldest where I had skied when I was her age!

Sugarbush... Forgot what a big, cool, awesome place it is! The fact I hit it on 2 bluebird, windless, comfortable days with recent snow in early March didn't hurt the experience either. And Green Mountain Valley School puts on one hell of a race!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

KustyTheKlown

revelstoke, lake louise, sunshine, and silverton

i skied the new beavers terrain at a-basin, but i've been there many times

nothing new in the east.