• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wst 4/6-4/7

Kleetus

Ugh. Forecasts majorly trending colder for tomorrow. Now high of 38 at 3,000' at 3 pm down from 43 3 hours ago...getting concerned it's not going to soften much

Sent from my SM-G892A using AlpineZone mobile app
NWS Mt. point forecasts had temps go up though so guessing this is an anomoly. Looks like above freezing after midnight. More snow too...2-5" now for SB.

Fingers crossed for some cream cheese/soft turns on Castlerock and HG tomorrow!

LItoCOtoMA

Decisions...decisions...

Staying in Waterbury. Deciding between SB and Stowe. Looks like it will be a game time decision.

Ol Dirty Noodle

Snow’s great at Bell but it’s foggy, maybe 20 ft visibility at times. Nice and empty though despite the pond skim

drjeff

Wishing it was this clear all day at Mount Snow.... Fog/clouds finally cleared out about 1.... Nice corn harvest all day. The 2" or so of fresh overnight became REAL sticky in low angle areas once the clouds clearedMVIMG_20190406_173842517.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

jg17

Mount Snow was... crisp... this morning, soft by the afternoon. Considered signing up for Gladeiator, but was too cheap and skipped. Ended up being a good call; ran Ripcord on my second run and it was solid under 2" of frozen slop. Bounced around the mountain after that and it was pretty soft all around. Should be a good day tomorrow

Kleetus

Sugarbush was....pretty damn great today! Was foggy at the very top all day, but snow was soft when I pulled in at 10. Coverage is incredible for April. Many Castlerock laps were had.

Very excited for some sunny turns at MRG tomorrow.

Bonus, get to finish the day at Lawsons!20190406_104419.jpg20190406_174953.jpg

machski

Sun never really broke through at SR, but great skiing all day. Corn was good, almost wish the inch or so of fresh hadn't fell overnight as it was like glue. Coverage is incredible, everything still in play. Only top of Jordan and Oz were in clouds and a tiny bit of drizzle late day.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

chuckstah

Sugarbush was....pretty damn great today! Was foggy at the very top all day, but snow was soft when I pulled in at 10. Coverage is incredible for April. Many Castlerock laps were had.

Bonus, get to finish the day at Lawsons!View attachment 25088View attachment 25089

MRG was nice today. Nice soft groomers at opening bell thanks to an inch or so new, and it softened nicely a bit later especially below midstation. Lower elevations were a bit sticky, and there was some fog above the mid station, but overall an awesome day. I'm home enjoying a Double Sunshine now having grabbed a 4 pack on the way by. Enjoy tomorrow.

Skrn

Yes, it was a great day at Sugarbush. The overnight 2-3 inches of wet snow helped upper mountain to be skiable in the morning. After lunch everything was good, probably with exception of some trees where untouched powder turned into glue in the afternoon. Great coverage overall. The bottom of the castlerock area became very bare though. Not sure if it will survive the rain early next week.

Bonus, get to finish the day at Lawsons!View attachment 25088View attachment 25089

Kleetus

MRG was nice today. Nice soft groomers at opening bell thanks to an inch or so new, and it softened nicely a bit later especially below midstation. Lower elevations were a bit sticky, and there was some fog above the mid station, but overall an awesome day. I'm home enjoying a Double Sunshine now having grabbed a 4 pack on the way by. Enjoy tomorrow.
Nice! Should add...hell of a flyby by the VT ANG today at Sugarbush!...Full afterburner of 4 F-16's was sweet!!! I heard that was the retirement flight and they switch to the F35's within the next week or so. If so, hell of a way to go out!!!

Looked like they may have gotten close to MRG before the pull up, did you see them???

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Nice! Should add...hell of a flyby by the VT ANG today at Sugarbush!...Full afterburner of 4 F-16's was sweet!!! I heard that was the retirement flight and they switch to the F35's within the next week or so. If so, hell of a way to go out!!!

Looked like they may have gotten close to MRG before the pull up, did you see them???

Oh shit that's what that was? I was in some un-marked trees up high when the fog was at its worst. I think the shape of the mountain coupled with the low-cloud cover created some type of echo chamber because that was by far the loudest flyover I've ever heard. I came to a full stop trying to figure out what it was as it wasn't registering with me because it was so loud.

Castlerock skied very well for April til the runout. Middle Earth was my fave. In the PM I did the bumps off the Bravo/Valley House chair. I've only been to SB a handful of times but Win and his crew have impressed me and gained my commitment to 4-6 ski days a year at his lovely mountain.

The truth is if Sugarbush was just Castlerock I'd still love the place...Paradise, Bravo, and all of Mt. Ellen are just AWESOME "leftover" extras!!!

chuckstah

Heard it clear as day but we were high up on the single in the fog. Nice to know what it was!

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using AlpineZone mobile app

Kleetus

Oh shit that's what that was? I was in some un-marked trees up high when the fog was at its worst. I think the shape of the mountain coupled with the low-cloud cover created some type of echo chamber because that was by far the loudest flyover I've ever heard. I came to a full stop trying to figure out what it was as it wasn't registering with me because it was so loud.

Castlerock skied very well for April til the runout. Middle Earth was my fave. In the PM I did the bumps off the Bravo/Valley House chair. I've only been to SB a handful of times but Win and his crew have impressed me and gained my commitment to 4-6 ski days a year at his lovely mountain.

The truth is if Sugarbush was just Castlerock I'd still love the place...Paradise, Bravo, and all of Mt. Ellen are just AWESOME "leftover" extras!!!
That was it for sure!

Middle Earth was my pic as well. So was Rumble! I have no problem giving Win S some of my $ for ski days like today except maybe would be nicer for a lil' less fog and a lil' more sun. He can't control that though...

First time I've lapped Castlerock in many years. Normally ski Ellen but was great to get mostly ski on turns at Castlerock all day today. I'm used to a 30+ min wait. So being able to lap it despite the fog in nice soft snow was a nice highlight of today.

WinS

Yes, Four F-16s flew over yesterday to say goodbye. The F-16s will be replaced this fall by the new F-35. A number of the Green Mountain Boy pilots are Sugarbush skiers so we were thrilled to have them fly over yesterday as they headed away.

parahelia

We had a solid spring weekend at SR. Saturday was cloudy but no fog, today the sun came out in the afternoon. There is still a TON of snow out there. Things got slushy by late afternoon on the exposed trails but the shaded woods stayed cooler and pleasantly soft.

I spent most of today in the woods of Jordan/Oz and they are in great shape for April 7. Even the more-exposed parts of Blind Ambition are holding the snow well.

With more snow on the way, it’s shaping up to be a great last few weeks.

d46143505c591c374e2ecbee01dc36c1.jpg
dc569a98fc24cee29428fb54dd4a2360.jpg
ffe776e49d54ce4a657ce7ef4f6f0980.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk