• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wst 4/6-4/7

urungus

I’ve noticed same thing at other big parties. Last Saturday afternoon I was at Mount Snow and the Winter Brewfest happened to be going on. Parking lots and base area were a zoo even by Mount Snow standards, and the ski racks were overflowing with equipment. But liftlines were nonexistent, even for Bluebird most I waited was 5-10 chairs. Last year at Sunapee Slush Cup, similar experience. All parking lots full, enormous tailgate scene, but pretty much ski onto any lift.

drjeff

I’ve noticed same thing at other big parties. Last Saturday afternoon I was at Mount Snow and the Winter Brewfest happened to be going on. Parking lots and base area were a zoo even by Mount Snow standards, and the ski racks were overflowing with equipment. But liftlines were nonexistent, even for Bluebird most I waited was 5-10 chairs. Last year at Sunapee Slush Cup, similar experience. All parking lots full, enormous tailgate scene, but pretty much ski onto any lift.

Funny thing about Mount Snow last Saturday, is that not just myself, but a number of my "basically every weekend all season long" passholder friends, felt that it entire place, was quite mellow by this season's standards! There actually were parking spaces in the outer lots all day, the base lodge was manageable even on the main level all day, the Bluebird had probably it's shortest average length Saturday lines since pre Thanksgiving, and even with a reduced number of lifts spinning compared to a few weeks prior, lines were a non issue across the entire hill (not that you could see very much due to the fog most of last Saturday anyway!).

I'm guessing, based on the fact that folks who went into the brewfest after about 3PM were given out glasses with last Summer's brewfest logo on them that they had more people show up last Saturday than they expected based on pre-sales.

I guess though that one's crowd perceptions are a relative thing, and I will certainly say that I'd take in a second a repeat of last weekends crowds at Mount Snow this coming weekend in a heart beat!

urungus

not that you could see very much due to the fog most of last Saturday anyway!

The fog was thick alright. Went down Ripcord for the first time ever, and it was a weird experience only being able to see a couple bumps in front of me. Might have helped with the fear factor :smile:

Kleetus

Pulled the trigger on SB/MRG. Planning on SB tomorrow and MRG Sun. Weather for tomorrow looking better and better with it looking to clear out reasonably quick.

Ol Dirty Noodle

So did the snow start anywhere yet??? I’m not seeing it on any webcams or reports yet

Ol Dirty Noodle

Sure enough it was snowing by 12:30 at bell... now if the rain would just fuck off completely we’d have something to tug our dicks about

medfordmike

I am in Central NH and no snow or any precip. I skied Killington today and it didn't really become cloudy until after 1. I left at 2 and there was no sign of precip.

jg17

On the way up to Mount Snow and currently stopped in Bennington for food and beer. Rain became snow when I passed Poughkeepsie and has flipped back and forth a few times since. Roads were a little slushy coming into town but nothing the Subie can't handle. Will probably be a bit firm in the morning, but should be a good weekend!