Wst 4/6-4/7

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wst 4/6-4/7

Wst 4/6-4/7

Thought it was my duty to start one in the absence of this weekly reoccurence of late.

What are people thinking this weekend? Sat looks like it will be OK but could have some low vis in the AM. Sun looks good. Temps look on the border between soft and not so soft up at higher elevations. Especially Sat with clouds.

Myself, debating heading up to any combination of Stowe/SB/MRG as this or next weekend is my last shot at east coast turns and have 2 Ski VT vouchers left to burn. Go this weekend or gamble on next weekend? If temps were 5 degrees warmer would be sold on this weekend but 40ish at 3500' has me a little concerned may not soften that much at least on sat with cloudy skies.

Sent from my SM-G892A using AlpineZone mobile app

its been wobbling between all rain friday vs a mix with some decent accumulation. open snow had 3-5" at killington on fri>sat, but have since backed off to 1-2"

sat and sun should be mostly dry, and warm, with sunday being the clear warm spring skiing winner

either way, it is use it or lose it time, and i will be at killington for the always fun bear mountain mogul challenge saturday, and will prob go to stratton sunday on my way back south.

Idk where Im skiing Saturday, only that I am, may skip work Friday and catch the freshies, well see

friday is gonna be wet slop. you could get lucky but its very unlikely. not worth burning a day off. i'd say wait for sat/sun

Ill be at Killington, BMMC!

Got a room at Mount Snow for Fri/Sat night so I can get full days in Saturday and Sunday. Hoping the drive up on Friday isn't mixed slop and that it doesn't freeze too solid Saturday morning. Should be good later in the day after the crust melts away though. Looking like an awesome close to the season!
    Joe

2018/19 - 36 days
    Hunter - 11/17, 11/25, 12/8, 1/26, 3/16, 3/24
    Big Boulder - 11/18, 11/23, 1/4, 1/11, 1/18, 3/3
    Mount Snow - 11/24, 4/6, 4/7
    Camelback - 12/15
    Waterville Valley - 12/29
    Jack Frost - 1/6, 1/12, 1/19, 1/27, 2/23, 3/2
    Mountain Creek - 1/13, 1/15, 3/8, 3/9, 3/17
    Jackson Hole - 2/3, 2/4, 2/5
    Park City - 2/7, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10
    Wachusett - 2/16

Okemo Friday because it looks like everywhere will be in a deep freeze from the night before with little chance of softening up. Groomer day.

Saturday Sugarbush because Killington will be busy from BMMC, SB will get more snow Friday night, and the 9am-5pm schedule lets me sleep a little more than trying to get to K at 8am.

Sunday Killington to say goodbye to OL for the season...50 degrees, bumps, and sunshine.
    2019-2020 0 days and holding...
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    Okemo Friday because it looks like everywhere will be in a deep freeze from the night before with little chance of softening up. Groomer day.

Saturday Sugarbush because Killington will be busy from BMMC, SB will get more snow Friday night, and the 9am-5pm schedule lets me sleep a little more than trying to get to K at 8am.

Sunday Killington to say goodbye to OL for the season...50 degrees, bumps, and sunshine.
    Honestly, I've never found in the 5 or 6 BMMC Saturday's I've been to over the last 15+ years that the mountain is very busy, aside from the immediate Bear Base area, during the BMMC. And that includes the 10+ years ago when it was a much bigger spectator event than it is now.

It's a fun party atmosphere with a mix of the some GREAT bumping and some not so great bumping to watch for sure, but the reality is that it isn't something that will make the whole mountain a crowd fest!
    Last edited by drjeff; Apr 4, 2019 at 6:16 AM.
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Yea bmmc has never resulted in lift lines or crowds for me

dot gov now saying 3-5” for k peak by sat AM

K will be empty on Saturday outside of bear, if your not into the party (which is the best east coast ski party of the year) dont be scared of crowds as the rest of the mountain will be mostly ski on at the lifts. Only thing to worry about is if you have a few drinks there will be a major police presence on the access rd and 100/4 looking for drunks. If you are planning to drink, make sure not to drive.

Thread Information