• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wst 4/13-4/14

tnt1234

Yeah, fair amount of rain showing up in the forecasts now.

Ol Dirty Noodle

Anyone have any thoughts on gore this weekend? Webcams don’t look so great but they pretty much just show the lift loading areas

bigbog

81s are gonna dredge the bottom much quicker than your 93s(duh...). This weekend will be rather rough, even up here, but there should still be enough for a few weeks longer....

KustyTheKlown

just booked a free to cancel room for saturday night. some rain friday>sat but it looks to clear out pretty quickly and sunday is warm and dry

will leave around 5:30 AM saturday, ski 12-5 at sugarbush, drive down to rutland to crash, and hit either k or stratton on sunday. probably stratton, as i've got two k days i'd like to hang on to. i somehow still have an extra skiVT, but i feel funny using it at okemo or mt snow, places i just dont care for. but maybe they'd be better than another stratton day. i dont think getting up to jay or burke is in the cards for me this season.

major soakers in the forecast for mon/tues and next weekend, so it seems like this weekend is the move.

Last edited:

sankaty

Planning a day trip to Pico for a couple of AT laps on Sunday. Should be fun with the mountain shut down.

Teleskier

Given rain this weekend and Easter next weekend, I think last Wednesday's corn snow in the sun on teleskis will be the end of the season for me. Wasn't a bad way to go out... see y'all next year!

Wed_corn_snow.jpg

Ol Dirty Noodle

Bellayre’s opening for Saturday, I know it’ll prob suck but I’m going to Smuggs 4/20-4/21 so I’ll prob just shoot up to bell Saturday bang out 5-10 runs and head home. After that I plan on spending the majority of May at Killington

tnt1234

might be a little slushy tomorrow, be we're heading up to Stowe tonight.

tnt1234

Yeah, not impressed with this forecast at all....but, well see....

skiur

Yeah, not impressed with this forecast at all....but, well see....

Saturday after 10AM (why would you want to ski before 10 this time of year anyway) and Sunday before 2 look to be incredible in Vermont. Not sure where you are looking.

tnt1234

Saturday after 10AM (why would you want to ski before 10 this time of year anyway) and Sunday before 2 look to be incredible in Vermont. Not sure where you are looking.

I guess I'm putting to fine a point on it, but with rain and no cold temps overnight friday thinking things are gonna be a little slushy on the natural trails. But we'll see...

cdskier

Yea, I'm not sure what others are looking for either. There may not be any sun in the forecast, but temps will be great for spring skiing and precip will not happen during prime skiing hours.

cdskier

I guess I'm putting to fine a point on it, but with rain and no cold temps overnight friday thinking things are gonna be a little slushy on the natural trails. But we'll see...

The rain is just scattered showers amounting to only .1-.25 precip. That's pretty minimal. You may not get the classic corn due to a lack of overnight freezing temps tonight, but I still don't think you're going to see slush either.

Ol Dirty Noodle

Like I said, nothing better to do, might as well ski even if it’s shit, if it is there’s still closing day bbq party on overlook deck [emoji2373]

MG Skier

I'm going all in. Heading up to Jay for the weekend. I have rain gear if need be. Making up for some lost time earlier this season.