• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tuckerman's death

deadheadskier

Staff member
Maybe had you not needlessly made the comments you did (which were publicly called out) that I deleted and then came back to whine about it, we wouldn't have gone down this path. Maybe had someone else looking to stir crap up with me due to grievances he has with me elsewhere on the net minded his own business, we wouldn't gone down this path.

Sorry this one is on you two. Am I contributing to the continuation? Sure. But I'm not going to sit back and take crap from both of you and not defend myself. Not happening.

Clearly your opinion of this forum and it's members is very low AND your opinion of yourself is VERY high. If you're too good for the group, why stick around?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Funky_Catskills

Sucks someone got caught up and died..
I've eyed up Raymond Cataract before - actually climbed up it with some friends but thought it was too unstable to ride - so we hoofed it over to the Snowfields/Right Gully area... On a good snow year it always tempts me.

ThinkSnow

I’ve skied/ridden Tucks about 6-7 times, and hiked it without snow at least another 10 times. One of my snowboarding days happened on the day after an avalanche occurred, and the fallen snow pack was like cement. On another ski day, I distinctly remember the feeling of no resistance as I dug my ski boot in climbing up, and thinking I could hear water flowing beneath. It is never a good idea to venture into this terrain alone. It’s a shame there is now another statistic.

kingslug

Hiking up with Andy Z many moons ago my foot went through the snow 3/4 way up..below was a river..which killed a skier 2 weeks later..scary place.

raisingarizona

That report is sobering. I was hoping he was knocked unconscious during the slide and unaware of his burial but it doesn’t sound like that’s the case. F

Last edited:

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com

raisingarizona

A hard wind slab at a 38 degree apex over a serious terrain trap is crazy scary stuff. They (freshly loaded hard slabs) can be really easy to spot for the experienced but they get a lot of folks that don’t quite have that mileage yet.

Funky_Catskills

A hard wind slab at a 38 degree apex over a serious terrain trap is crazy scary stuff. They (freshly loaded hard slabs) can be really easy to spot for the experienced but they get a lot of folks that don’t quite have that mileage yet.

Exactly why we backed off..

Hawk

It truly is a small ski community in the Northeast. I learned the other day that I knew Nick. Not personally but from a far. It turns out that my nephew's ex girl friend has been dating him for a few years. From all accounts he was a really nice kid and had a huge sense of adventure. Unfortunately inexperience and bad luck did him in or at least that is my opinion. Really sad news.