Top of Jay Peak - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top of Jay Peak

Quote Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
    Is it worse than Dechutes at Park City? If not...nbd.
    I’m pretty sure there is no such trail/chute name at PC called that. There are also maybe a handful of “chutes” at PC. The terrain is pretty mellow across the board at that place. Flat, no non stop very, big groomers, handful of challenging stuff. If those tram face runs at Jay we’re longer they would probably be harder then anything at PC

Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    I have a pic of the entrance. So FBGM can suck it...

Quote Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
    I have a pic of the entrance. So FBGM can suck it...
    That’s CanHole side. Fake Park City. Worst lift and trail system ever made over at that garbage dump.

I’m sure Jay stuff skied better and has more snow.

Vail ruined Park City. And Vail ruined skiing. Remember that

Thanks for the advice everyone, on Friday the forecast 50mph winds held off, Jay Peak was 100% open, and I did it!! Dropped down just a couple feet, directly behind the “Face Chutes” sign, and then made the narrow traverse over to the open face. The very last part of the traverse got a little steep, had to sideslip it, but after that you are rewarded with a wonderful open field with soft bumps. Especially compared to Upper Goat Run, which was a sheet of blue ice. Also skiied Valhalla for the first time, still solidly covered with snow and a great run with “tree islands” up at the top before tightening up a bit at the end, might be my favorite so far at Jay.

75AC7C83-FFD8-401B-94E6-8E2B1FF39EC8.jpg
    Last edited by urungus; Apr 20, 2019 at 8:30 PM.

Congrats!!! I need to do it before my body says NO! I'd love to head back up this weekend but not sure it is worth the ride up.
    Funny you mention Goat, on Patriots day 4/15 it was really sketchy! It was only kind of better on Sunday. I saw it was closed this weekend, it must resemble a frozen pond on a ski trail about now. Once you crossed under the Flyer it was cream cheese!
    Ski it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by urungus View Post
    Thanks for the advice everyone, on Friday the forecast 50mph winds held off, Jay Peak was 100% open, and I did it!! Dropped down just a couple feet, directly behind the “Face Chutes” sign, and then made the narrow traverse over to the open face. The very last part of the traverse got a little steep, had to sideslip it, but after that you are rewarded with a wonderful open field with soft bumps. Especially compared to Upper Goat Run, which was a sheet of blue ice. Also skiied Valhalla for the first time, still solidly covered with snow and a great run with “tree islands” up at the top before tightening up a bit at the end, might be my favorite so far at Jay.

75AC7C83-FFD8-401B-94E6-8E2B1FF39EC8.jpg
    Nice! The face chutes were closed today but I was able to ski Tuckerman's chute on April 23rd which is pretty crazy that it's still open this late. Tucks is somewhat of a short run but it is no joke. It had the steepness of the upper Starr at Stowe the whole way down the run but much more narrow than Starr, Goat or Rumble at Sugarbush. There were some area's of the trail that you barely had enough room to even make a turn. I've skied everything inbounds at Killington, Stowe, and Sugarbush and I'd have to say that Tuckerman's Chute is as challenging as the best any of those three resorts have to offer. On Sunday at Stowe I took multiple runs down Goat, Bypass, and National. I got down Tuckermans today and had no thoughts of trying it again! Here are a few pictures while I was skiing it although they don't do the steepness of the run justice.....20190423_102725.jpg20190423_102808.jpg20190423_103113.jpg20190423_102938.jpg20190423_103404.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using AlpineZone mobile app

Nice pics Tonyr! Coverage looks pretty good for April 23. Hope to try Tuckerman’s Chute next season...

Looks like my kinda run, doing TAP NY at huntah this weekend but maybe me and the new lady friend can hit Jay cinco de Mayo though

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Dirty Noodle View Post
    Looks like my kinda run, doing TAP NY at huntah this weekend but maybe me and the new lady friend can hit Jay cinco de Mayo though
    The snow was very wet and heavy so I was real careful not to clip my skis on the turns especially at the top. The normal drop in was un skiable so I had to edge my way in from another less favorable line at the top part. It looked like some did the same line before me so I just followed their tracks.

On another note were told that Jay is moving their big year end party to this weekend. The sun and warm weather is melting the mountain fast, if your going ski Jay this year I'd do it sooner rather than later.

Tony20190423_102815.jpg20190423_102935.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information