Lake Louise - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lake Louise

^never open. requires avy gear. most places don't require you to carry a beacon to ski THAT

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    abc's opinions are almost always absurd, and condescending
    Hmm...pot meet kettle?

maybe so, but at least i'm not constantly thumbing my nose at the very concept of eastern skiing.

and jim, yea, but those are pictures of the dive, which is hardly ever open, and which most people don't carry the gear required to access when it is open. the dive is great, but its not at all representative of the ski area.

maybe so, but at least i'm not constantly thumbing my nose at the very concept of eastern skiing.

and jim, yea, but those are pictures of the dive, which is hardly ever open, and which most people don't carry the gear required to access when it is open. the dive is great, but its not at all representative of the ski area.
    So by this I take it you do not usually carry the gear. Surprised by this and if the case, better skip Big Sky as the best terrain there requires all the gear too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    So by this I take it you do not usually carry the gear. Surprised by this and if the case, better skip Big Sky as the best terrain there requires all the gear too.
    Bridger too.

If the terrain between the moutains at Norquay is open it's really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post

I have avy gear. My point is the dive is not representative of the ski area. Nothing else there is nearly as interesting. And it’s barely open. And they restrict access.

Been to big sky but have not skied big c. Skied Lenin marx dictators etc. need to go back and also hit Bridger for a day or twi

"Make Greenland Green again"

I have avy gear. My point is the dive is not representative of the ski area. Nothing else there is nearly as interesting. And it’s barely open. And they restrict access.

Been to big sky but have not skied big c. Skied Lenin marx dictators etc. need to go back and also hit Bridger for a day or twi
    If it's not blown out, North Summit Snowfields at BS are awesome as well. Provide the longest steep lines on the mountain, but tough to lap as they drop you down to Six Shooter. But they tend to get blown out by the wind, both times I was out there they weren't skiable.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Hmm...pot meet kettle?
    Yeah, that

Also, calling Sunshine's terrain lame strikes me as an attempt at ski machismo, as in "I'm such a tough shit on skis..."
    Goat's Eye is plenty steep even if Del Dive is closed. There is plenty of terrain at Sunshine that would be of interest to most on this board. If all you ever want to ski is something that's 100% jump turns, mandatory air and no-fall terrain, then you must be bored most of the time, especially if you live out here in the east.
    I've been to Sunshine, Lake Louise and Norquay a couple of times - great places all of them when they have good snow. Calling Sunshine's terrain lame and advising others to skip it, it's just silly.
    Live for today

Thread Information