Lake Louise - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: Lake Louise

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpsis View Post
    Also, calling Sunshine's terrain lame strikes me as an attempt at ski machismo, as in "I'm such a tough shit on skis..."
    You didn't know that he's God's gift to skiing? Anyone that so much as even thinks about putting a ski on a groomer or a trail with a pitch less than 50 degrees is clearly inferior and shouldn't even be allowed to ski on the same slopes as him. At least that's what I take away from a significant number of his posts.

    Don't get me wrong, I love the pictures he posts of his trips...but the rampant "elitism" is rather annoying.

  2. #32
    As a hockey player, one of the great experiences in my life was playing pond hockey with some day-off workers on the lake behind Chateau Lake Louise with the sun setting behind the surrounding mountains and glacier. A lucky addition to a nice ski trip.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    As a hockey player, one of the great experiences in my life was playing pond hockey with some day-off workers on the lake behind Chateau Lake Louise with the sun setting behind the surrounding mountains and glacier. A lucky addition to a nice ski trip.
    I didnt get to play hockey, but I used my hockey bag as my luggage bag that trip and brought my CCM Tacks. Definitely my favorite skate of my life.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  4. #34
    Scruffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In the shadow of the moon.
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post
    No mention of Mount Noraquay ? I know it's a tiny place but me and my buddies would have skied it if there was some new snow . Steeps and bumps from what I heard . Scenery is awesome and it's close to Banff.

    https://www.onthesnow.com/alberta/sk...ki-resort.html
    Just got back from Banff. Skied all 3. We had hoped for spring conditions with soft bumps all over the place, but the weather did not cooperate, and they are having a low snow year. Still had a great time. We skied the last run of the season on Noraquay's North American chair; they closed the chair for the season just after me and my buddy got on it at 3:45ish. Skied steep bumps on Lone Pine in half rotted out snow--fun. I loved Banff and the surrounding areas. The mountains are awesome and right there, close in; reminded me of the Alps.

  5. #35

    Searched for some video and found this . Well done
    "Make Greenland Green again"

  6. #36
    Scruffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In the shadow of the moon.
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post

    Searched for some video and found this . Well done
    Funny, Noraquay lodge, which is a beautiful big post and beam structure, was playing that video on a loop.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    You didn't know that he's God's gift to skiing? Anyone that so much as even thinks about putting a ski on a groomer or a trail with a pitch less than 50 degrees is clearly inferior and shouldn't even be allowed to ski on the same slopes as him. At least that's what I take away from a significant number of his posts.

    Don't get me wrong, I love the pictures he posts of his trips...but the rampant "elitism" is rather annoying.
    Wow, jealous some? The guy talks about putting trips together using passes, cheap tix, flea bag motels and posts about skiing on a ski forum. Makes a shit load more effort than pretty much anyone on here. I believe last weekend he went from the Bush to Stratton.

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    Wow, jealous some? The guy talks about putting trips together using passes, cheap tix, flea bag motels and posts about skiing on a ski forum. Makes a shit load more effort than pretty much anyone on here. I believe last weekend he went from the Bush to Stratton.
    Not jealous at all. I'm perfectly happy with my decisions on where to ski. He routinely shits on places like Stratton and Okemo. I have no desire to ski them either, but I also have respect for the fact that there are people that DO like that type of terrain and I'm not about to bash them for their choices. I'm certainly not the first person to call him out on this either.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    Wow, jealous some? The guy talks about putting trips together using passes, cheap tix, flea bag motels and posts about skiing on a ski forum. Makes a shit load more effort than pretty much anyone on here. I believe last weekend he went from the Bush to Stratton.
    My complaints have nothing to do with his choice on where/how to ski. I respect his commitment for sure. What I don't respect is how he constantly denigrates anyone and anyplace that doesn't match his own preferences. You can be an expert skier that skis the most difficult terrain in the world and yet still have respect for people that choose to sit back and ski less challenging terrain. Those two are not mutually exclusive.


  10. #40
    Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Mad River Valley / MA
    Posts
    592
    HA I can understand what you are saying CD but I think that there are a lot of people on here that are annoying at some point including myself. I guess when you post, it is hard to temper your thoughts to align with the mindset of others. Granted there is some douchyness that happens. I have been trying to temper my attitude toward others lately. Its hard when you have real passion for the sport.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 PM.