• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lake Louise

KustyTheKlown

maybe so, but at least i'm not constantly thumbing my nose at the very concept of eastern skiing.

and jim, yea, but those are pictures of the dive, which is hardly ever open, and which most people don't carry the gear required to access when it is open. the dive is great, but its not at all representative of the ski area.

machski

maybe so, but at least i'm not constantly thumbing my nose at the very concept of eastern skiing.

and jim, yea, but those are pictures of the dive, which is hardly ever open, and which most people don't carry the gear required to access when it is open. the dive is great, but its not at all representative of the ski area.
So by this I take it you do not usually carry the gear. Surprised by this and if the case, better skip Big Sky as the best terrain there requires all the gear too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

jaytrem

So by this I take it you do not usually carry the gear. Surprised by this and if the case, better skip Big Sky as the best terrain there requires all the gear too.

Bridger too.

If the terrain between the moutains at Norquay is open it's really cool.

KustyTheKlown

I have avy gear. My point is the dive is not representative of the ski area. Nothing else there is nearly as interesting. And it’s barely open. And they restrict access.

Been to big sky but have not skied big c. Skied Lenin marx dictators etc. need to go back and also hit Bridger for a day or twi

machski

I have avy gear. My point is the dive is not representative of the ski area. Nothing else there is nearly as interesting. And it’s barely open. And they restrict access.

Been to big sky but have not skied big c. Skied Lenin marx dictators etc. need to go back and also hit Bridger for a day or twi
If it's not blown out, North Summit Snowfields at BS are awesome as well. Provide the longest steep lines on the mountain, but tough to lap as they drop you down to Six Shooter. But they tend to get blown out by the wind, both times I was out there they weren't skiable.

Bumpsis

Hmm...pot meet kettle?

Yeah, that :)

Also, calling Sunshine's terrain lame strikes me as an attempt at ski machismo, as in "I'm such a tough shit on skis..."
Goat's Eye is plenty steep even if Del Dive is closed. There is plenty of terrain at Sunshine that would be of interest to most on this board. If all you ever want to ski is something that's 100% jump turns, mandatory air and no-fall terrain, then you must be bored most of the time, especially if you live out here in the east.
I've been to Sunshine, Lake Louise and Norquay a couple of times - great places all of them when they have good snow. Calling Sunshine's terrain lame and advising others to skip it, it's just silly.

cdskier

Also, calling Sunshine's terrain lame strikes me as an attempt at ski machismo, as in "I'm such a tough shit on skis..."

You didn't know that he's God's gift to skiing? Anyone that so much as even thinks about putting a ski on a groomer or a trail with a pitch less than 50 degrees is clearly inferior and shouldn't even be allowed to ski on the same slopes as him. At least that's what I take away from a significant number of his posts.

Don't get me wrong, I love the pictures he posts of his trips...but the rampant "elitism" is rather annoying.

Razor

As a hockey player, one of the great experiences in my life was playing pond hockey with some day-off workers on the lake behind Chateau Lake Louise with the sun setting behind the surrounding mountains and glacier. A lucky addition to a nice ski trip.

BenedictGomez

As a hockey player, one of the great experiences in my life was playing pond hockey with some day-off workers on the lake behind Chateau Lake Louise with the sun setting behind the surrounding mountains and glacier. A lucky addition to a nice ski trip.

I didnt get to play hockey, but I used my hockey bag as my luggage bag that trip and brought my CCM Tacks. Definitely my favorite skate of my life.

Scruffy

No mention of Mount Noraquay ? I know it's a tiny place but me and my buddies would have skied it if there was some new snow . Steeps and bumps from what I heard . Scenery is awesome and it's close to Banff.

https://www.onthesnow.com/alberta/ski-banff-norquay/ski-resort.html

Just got back from Banff. Skied all 3. We had hoped for spring conditions with soft bumps all over the place, but the weather did not cooperate, and they are having a low snow year. Still had a great time. We skied the last run of the season on Noraquay's North American chair; they closed the chair for the season just after me and my buddy got on it at 3:45ish. Skied steep bumps on Lone Pine in half rotted out snow--fun. I loved Banff and the surrounding areas. The mountains are awesome and right there, close in; reminded me of the Alps.

tumbler

You didn't know that he's God's gift to skiing? Anyone that so much as even thinks about putting a ski on a groomer or a trail with a pitch less than 50 degrees is clearly inferior and shouldn't even be allowed to ski on the same slopes as him. At least that's what I take away from a significant number of his posts.

Don't get me wrong, I love the pictures he posts of his trips...but the rampant "elitism" is rather annoying.

Wow, jealous some? The guy talks about putting trips together using passes, cheap tix, flea bag motels and posts about skiing on a ski forum. Makes a shit load more effort than pretty much anyone on here. I believe last weekend he went from the Bush to Stratton.

cdskier

Wow, jealous some? The guy talks about putting trips together using passes, cheap tix, flea bag motels and posts about skiing on a ski forum. Makes a shit load more effort than pretty much anyone on here. I believe last weekend he went from the Bush to Stratton.

Not jealous at all. I'm perfectly happy with my decisions on where to ski. He routinely shits on places like Stratton and Okemo. I have no desire to ski them either, but I also have respect for the fact that there are people that DO like that type of terrain and I'm not about to bash them for their choices. I'm certainly not the first person to call him out on this either.

cdskier

My complaints have nothing to do with his choice on where/how to ski. I respect his commitment for sure. What I don't respect is how he constantly denigrates anyone and anyplace that doesn't match his own preferences. You can be an expert skier that skis the most difficult terrain in the world and yet still have respect for people that choose to sit back and ski less challenging terrain. Those two are not mutually exclusive.

Hawk

HA I can understand what you are saying CD but I think that there are a lot of people on here that are annoying at some point including myself. I guess when you post, it is hard to temper your thoughts to align with the mindset of others. Granted there is some douchyness that happens. I have been trying to temper my attitude toward others lately. Its hard when you have real passion for the sport.