• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New majority owner of Peak Resorts

mbedle

Incorrect, last season anyway without RFID Ikon passholders had to get actual tickets and they WERE subject to the daily cap. Which is why there was a link to Deer Valley's reservation page for Ikon skiers to reserve their days in advance. Not sure how it will work with RFID at DV this year, but I would guess as an Ikon guest, you will still need to prereserve days or be subject to the cap (IE RFID gates won't allow you access if they cap out).

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Was the link to reserve their tickets online available last year?

mbedle

He was talking about last year

What's unclear is whether it'll be the same come this season

If the reserve system was in place last year, then Ikon pass holders wouldn't have be subject to the cap (unless they chose not to reserve their tickets).

cdskier

If the reserve system was in place last year, then Ikon pass holders wouldn't have be subject to the cap (unless they chose not to reserve their tickets).

It was in place this year and based on the following note at the top of the reservation site currently I'd say they plan to use it again:
2019-2020 Ikon Pass Holder Reservations Coming Summer 2019