• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New majority owner of Peak Resorts

Do Work

THIS.

Here is another myth regarding this issue. That most people get hooked because they had a backache & a doc prescribed them a drug.

Does this happen? Absolutely it does. But there is this myth out there that is the 2nd-rung of the naive "evil Big pharma" argument, that that's how most people get hooked, and as you correctly note, this could not be further from the truth.

Uuuuuuuh... Yeah, not to interject on your guys' circle jerk, but how tf else do you think tens of millions of pills get into circulation without bad docs writing bad scripts???

You can't get Oxy into the hands of people without a doctor. Own that simple fact please and thank you.

Do Work

Will there be people in these companies and/or Doctors who willingly over prescribed Opiods continued to be brought up on charges and/or face fines and possible jail time? Yup. Will the media attention decrease over time? Probably, as more and more these days the "relevance" of a media pushed topic has a shorter and shorter lifespan to the general public (even if a small cross section of the population continues to be borderline obsessed with the topic.

If there's ever a time when people stop talking about how messed up what Purdue/The Sacklers did here, we are in a lot of trouble.

BenedictGomez

Uuuuuuuh... Yeah, not to interject on your guys' circle jerk, but how tf else do you think tens of millions of pills get into circulation without bad docs writing bad scripts???

You can't get Oxy into the hands of people without a doctor. Own that simple fact please and thank you.

Uhhhhhh, yeah, you may want to reread prsboogie's post and my post and try to read for context.

Own that simple fact please and thank you.

skiur

I don't know where u live but u certainly don't need a doctor or prescription to get oxy where I live. Your fact is not true.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Are Oxys like Fentanyl where Chinese manufacturers are shipping them in illegally? Otherwise I would think the vast majority of the pills on the black market are coming via crooked doctors and pharmacists. That's all Do Work is saying. I suppose some might be from robberies of Drug stores, but a very small percentage.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

x10003q

Are Oxys like Fentanyl where Chinese manufacturers are shipping them in illegally? Otherwise I would think the vast majority of the pills on the black market are coming via crooked doctors and pharmacists. That's all Do Work is saying. I suppose some might be from robberies of Drug stores, but a very small percentage.

Not just crooked Drs and Pharmacists, but the wholesalers Miami-Luken and H.D. Smith that delivered 20.8 million pills into a West Virginia town of 2900 over a 10 year period. Despite all the rules for tracking these opioids, I guess nobody noticed this crazy usage.

"If you want to know how the opioid epidemic got so out of control, it’s hard to do better than this statistic: Between 2006 and 2016, out-of-state drug companies shipped nearly 21 million opioid painkillers to two pharmacies in Williamson, West Virginia, population 2,900."

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2018/1/30/16951316/opioid-epidemic-painkillers-west-virginia-shipments

JimG.

Staff member
Wow it really goes to show how what amounts to a few bad apples really do spoil it for everyone.

As usual the truly bad actors are few. Sackler behavior is utterly heinous; it would be a shame if skiing was affected as a result.

Gforce

Not a good look for peaks. This is not surprising as their Exec team has been indifferent with how poorly there operations have been run/funded (outside of Mt Snow). Just look at Attitash as an example.
Peaks clearly have had their hands full with Cash flow problems, mounting debt and funding challenges....so they turn to a Seedy covert source as just disclosed.

Something always smelled fishy with that dude Boyd After the Grand Summit debacle last year. Owners took back control of the GS hotel and resort as Peaks had run it into the ground.

Do Work

I don't know where u live but u certainly don't need a doctor or prescription to get oxy where I live. Your fact is not true.

Look, somewhere along the line those pills passed through a legal scrip. There is no dostribution direct to the black market from Purdue

Do Work

Precisely. It has to have passed through a legal channel. It doesn’t go from Purdue directly to street drug dealers.

BenedictGomez

Precisely. It has to have passed through a legal channel. It doesn’t go from Purdue directly to street drug dealers.

Do you always spout off on subjects you know absolutely nothing about, or just this one?

Tons of **** is coming in through China and Mexico.

Tons of **** is being pressed in basements in America and Canada. Read a book or something.

catskillman

Not a good look for peaks. This is not surprising as their Exec team has been indifferent with how poorly there operations have been run/funded (outside of Mt Snow). Just look at Attitash as an example.
Peaks clearly have had their hands full with Cash flow problems, mounting debt and funding challenges....so they turn to a Seedy covert source as just disclosed.

Something always smelled fishy with that dude Boyd After the Grand Summit debacle last year. Owners took back control of the GS hotel and resort as Peaks had run it into the ground.

not to mention all the lawsuits they have going over the Hunter North debacle....

FBGM

I’ve only been saying this for a few years now...

skiur

Look, somewhere along the line those pills passed through a legal scrip. There is no dostribution direct to the black market from Purdue

Believe that if you like but it still does not make it true. A script is not necessary, the black market gets there shit without a doctors involvement.

Do Work

Do you always spout off on subjects you know absolutely nothing about, or just this one?

Tons of **** is coming in through China and Mexico.

Tons of **** is being pressed in basements in America and Canada. Read a book or something.

Listen man. I'm talking about stamped, taxed, legit pills- F'ING MILLIONS OF WHICH FLOODED THE STREETS.

OF COURSE the outside markets are creating copies but WHO TF CREATED THAT MARKET and how many millions of pills changed hands before then? Also how on earth did the illegal channels and demand become established before the copycats came in??? How does one just gloss over that AND insult someone speaking about it??? You can't honestly be that dense, and I hope you're just joking.

I've read more books than you might think but thanks for talking to me like I'm illiterate for really no reason whatsoever. Have a nice day. I'm out.