New majority owner of Peak Resorts - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    THIS.

Here is another myth regarding this issue. That most people get hooked because they had a backache & a doc prescribed them a drug.

Does this happen? Absolutely it does. But there is this myth out there that is the 2nd-rung of the naive "evil Big pharma" argument, that that's how most people get hooked, and as you correctly note, this could not be further from the truth.

Uuuuuuuh... Yeah, not to interject on your guys' circle jerk, but how tf else do you think tens of millions of pills get into circulation without bad docs writing bad scripts???

You can't get Oxy into the hands of people without a doctor. Own that simple fact please and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Will there be people in these companies and/or Doctors who willingly over prescribed Opiods continued to be brought up on charges and/or face fines and possible jail time? Yup. Will the media attention decrease over time? Probably, as more and more these days the "relevance" of a media pushed topic has a shorter and shorter lifespan to the general public (even if a small cross section of the population continues to be borderline obsessed with the topic.

If there's ever a time when people stop talking about how messed up what Purdue/The Sacklers did here, we are in a lot of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Do Work View Post
    Uuuuuuuh... Yeah, not to interject on your guys' circle jerk, but how tf else do you think tens of millions of pills get into circulation without bad docs writing bad scripts???

You can't get Oxy into the hands of people without a doctor. Own that simple fact please and thank you.

Uhhhhhh, yeah, you may want to reread prsboogie's post and my post and try to read for context.

Own that simple fact please and thank you.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Do Work View Post

I don't know where u live but u certainly don't need a doctor or prescription to get oxy where I live. Your fact is not true.

Are Oxys like Fentanyl where Chinese manufacturers are shipping them in illegally? Otherwise I would think the vast majority of the pills on the black market are coming via crooked doctors and pharmacists. That's all Do Work is saying. I suppose some might be from robberies of Drug stores, but a very small percentage.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Are Oxys like Fentanyl where Chinese manufacturers are shipping them in illegally? Otherwise I would think the vast majority of the pills on the black market are coming via crooked doctors and pharmacists. That's all Do Work is saying. I suppose some might be from robberies of Drug stores, but a very small percentage.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Not just crooked Drs and Pharmacists, but the wholesalers Miami-Luken and H.D. Smith that delivered 20.8 million pills into a West Virginia town of 2900 over a 10 year period. Despite all the rules for tracking these opioids, I guess nobody noticed this crazy usage.

"If you want to know how the opioid epidemic got so out of control, it’s hard to do better than this statistic: Between 2006 and 2016, out-of-state drug companies shipped nearly 21 million opioid painkillers to two pharmacies in Williamson, West Virginia, population 2,900."

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2018/1/30/16951316/opioid-epidemic-painkillers-west-virginia-shipments

Wow it really goes to show how what amounts to a few bad apples really do spoil it for everyone.

As usual the truly bad actors are few. Sackler behavior is utterly heinous; it would be a shame if skiing was affected as a result.

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Wow it really goes to show how what amounts to a few bad apples really do spoil it for everyone.

As usual the truly bad actors are few. Sackler behavior is utterly heinous; it would be a shame if skiing was affected as a result.
    Well, I am glad I only have 3 years left at Hunter. Gore will be my new home base then.

Not a good look for peaks. This is not surprising as their Exec team has been indifferent with how poorly there operations have been run/funded (outside of Mt Snow). Just look at Attitash as an example.
    Peaks clearly have had their hands full with Cash flow problems, mounting debt and funding challenges....so they turn to a Seedy covert source as just disclosed.

Something always smelled fishy with that dude Boyd After the Grand Summit debacle last year. Owners took back control of the GS hotel and resort as Peaks had run it into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    I don't know where u live but u certainly don't need a doctor or prescription to get oxy where I live. Your fact is not true.

Look, somewhere along the line those pills passed through a legal scrip. There is no dostribution direct to the black market from Purdue

Thread Information