New majority owner of Peak Resorts - Page 14

AlpineZone

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    He’s talking about a press release. That’s what I’d like to see.
    I'd like to see it too, but I assume the Press Release is essentially re-stating what is in the 10Q filing. Here are a couple relevant statements from the SEC filing itself:

Here's what they currently control it seems:
    Upon closing the Snow Time Acquisition, Cap 1 and its affiliates hold approximately 37.9% of the voting power of the Company
    Here's information on what they would control if they exercised all rights and options, etc that they were given:
    Assuming the conversion of the Series A Preferred Stock and exercise of all warrants held by Cap 1 as of the Snow Time Acquisition closing, Cap 1 would own approximately 54% of the outstanding shares of our common stock.

The distinction between a controlling interest and a substantial minority interest ought to be morally irrelevant to people who are concerned about this drug family making money off of Peaks. But I guess if you're Peaks you want to hope that those people don't realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post
    The distinction between a controlling interest and a substantial minority interest ought to be morally irrelevant to people who are concerned about this drug family making money off of Peaks. But I guess if you're Peaks you want to hope that those people don't realize it.
    Hasnt the sackler family had a substantial minority share for years? Peaks must have tried real hard to keep this under the radar, Really does not matter, by next fall majority of people will have forgotten about it and everything will be normal by the time snowmaking starts up.

Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    Hasnt the sackler family had a substantial minority share for years? Peaks must have tried real hard to keep this under the radar, Really does not matter, by next fall majority of people will have forgotten about it and everything will be normal by the time snowmaking starts up.
    Yup, the Sackler's, through their subsidiary companies have held a significant minority stake in Peak for some time now. Pretty sure that if one wants to take the time to dig through the publicly available SEC filings of many companies they choose to do business with, that they'd find some investors with ties to things that they may very well have some moral objection too.

The angle that the media has chosen to present this story from, just isn't factually accurate that this moment in time. On paper, yes, there is the potential for the Sackler family subsidary investment companies to exercise the current above market price options and acquire a majority interest in Peak. They are not though currently a majority owner of Peak
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

media slant?!?!?!?!? that would never happen...
    2018-2019

TBD

Yup. And there is also one against an individual ski patroller. I have that info from a reliable individual

Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post
    I work for Tufts Medical Center where Tufts University has the Sackler School of BioMedical Sciences... Built in the 80's by a 42M Sackler Family donation. Needless to say hundreds of Tufts Univ. & Tufts Med. Cntr. Faculty and employees are trying to press the university to remove the name....

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    Not taking a stance either way but the Marketing Director for Mount Snow posted a Peak press release denying the claims of majority ownership on their pass holder website.
    How does one access the passholder website?
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Went to a gender reveal party yesterday.
    Every time I hear this I think that some adult is having a party to now say they are the other sex.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Quote Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
    How does one access the passholder website?
    You buy a pass and they let you on it.

Thread Information