• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

K2 Mindbender 99's

machski

Took my time posting a review, so here goes.

Got my Mindbender 99's (177cm) just prior to our trip to Utah in February and mounted Marker Griffons on them. Same binding I have been using on my Pinnacle 95's (177cm). The ski has great edge control and stability at speed, provided me with enough float for mild powder (6-8 inches was all we got fresh) and worked well in soft, powdery bumps. Compared to the pinnacles, I found it to be a bit less lively, especially in firm bumps and crud. What the pinnacle would soak up, the Mindbenders seemed a bit more rigid without the rebound the pinnacles had. Also lacks the tip shovel design of the Pinnacles which I thought helped the pinnacles be lively in bumps, even given their widths. The mindbenders go back to a more traditional tip shovel design and seem to express their width in the bumps more pronounced than the pinnacle. Overall it is a good ski, but I think I'm glad i still have a pair in their packaging unmounted of 2017 Pinnacle 95's to use up.