• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wildcat this weekend

zyk

Wildcat posted they will be open this weekend but have no details. Anyone have more info than this? I am in the area through Friday but would have to make arrangements to stay. Would love to do it but worried it will be a washout or frozen solid. Thanks!

chuckstah

Conditions will likely be sketchy from past experience in closing weekend. Forecast doesn't look great, but I'll be there anyway in the afternoon Saturday. It currently doesn't look like it will soften til late, if at all. That said, if you can get in a late season ski day, do it. Sunday looks better as far as softening, but forecasts change rapidly. FYI Sunday River is free Sunday, nice and close to combine with WC Saturday, and that's my current plan.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using AlpineZone mobile app

zyk

I was thinking afternoon as well. Sunday I have to make the trip home so sadly Sunday river is just not possible

chuckstah

Wildcat was good today, soft snow top to bottom. Some good coverage, some adventure skiing, some poaching. All good. Skied 11:30 to close with off and on light snow and flurries, with a few short glimpses of the sun. Much better than expected. Screenshot_20190427-213039.jpgScreenshot_20190427-213055.jpgScreenshot_20190427-213109.jpgScreenshot_20190427-213123.jpg

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using AlpineZone mobile app