Killington Passholder Charged with Disorderly Conduct After February Lift Incident - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Apparently this individual was also charged a few months prior to this incident when he broke the window of someone else's car in the K parking lot if I recall correctly, after a verbal dispute with the owner of the car!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    He broke the window because the car was parked "too close" to his. There was a dog in the car of the window he broke as well.

Geez, good thing this guy lives in North Chittendon, where he'll only cross paths with 3 people per week.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    It also says Killington tried to pull his lift ticket & he wouldnt let them! LOL The guy sounds like the stereotypical Killington nut that gives Killington its' poor reputation.
    Killington doesn't have a poor reputation

Sent from my SM-N950U using AlpineZone mobile app
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32
    17/18 Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by ALLSKIING View Post
    Killington doesn't have a poor reputation

Sent from my SM-N950U using AlpineZone mobile app
    Big time K fan here. Regarding clientele Killington absolutely has a reputation and not in the positive sense...
    2019-2020 0 days and holding...
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Killington definitely has a reputation for “hardos” and is mentioned more than any other east coast resort in this thread: https://www.newschoolers.com/forum/t...es-per-capita-
    Interesting that Jackson Hole is the overall “winner”

Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post

So, offended lifty on a power trip shuts down the chair for ten minutes because some jerk ignored his request to thread an empty corral? I'm guessing he gets a fine at most.
    If they are ducking the rope into certain lifts, they are bypassing the RFID gates at Killington now. So in that regards, the lifty is correct in requiring the skier/rider to go thru an empty corral. I suppose Killington could have charged him with theft of services too if he kept bypassing gates.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by urungus View Post
    Killington definitely has a reputation
    How is this determined?

My focus group of one says that Killington's reputation is that is it is large and has the longest season in the east.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    How is this determined?

My focus group of one says that Killington's reputation is that is it is large and has the longest season in the east.
    That is the ski area itself but clientele has a rep as well.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Who determines what the reputation is?

How many skiers does Killington serve in a season? How many have to be "hardos" to determine that Killington has a greater hardo concentration than another mountain? What is a hardo?

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Who determines what the reputation is?

How many skiers does Killington serve in a season? How many have to be "hardos" to determine that Killington has a greater hardo concentration than another mountain? What is a hardo?
    Reputation is in the eye of the beholder. Not saying they have a greater concentration but when they have so many skiers they may have more by number not by %.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Thread Information