• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington Passholder Charged with Disorderly Conduct After February Lift Incident

deadheadskier

Staff member
It’s the ski center of the universe bro.

Jackson can feel real cold at first inspection but once you’re in you make life long friends. Like a lot of resort towns they see a lot of people come and go so they don’t greet everyone with open arms and it’s a bit of a proving ground. A mountain like that comes with tough people and that’s what makes it what it is. What you are talking about though is likely more related to aggressive young men that are new to town and feeling the brunt of that local cold shoulder. The winters are long, woman are scarce and the competition is fierce!

Anyways, if you think that was bad you should have seen the young lodge boys at Alta come spring back in the 90’s. They were so backed up they’d go full rehtard.

We had some of those types of folks in Stowe during my ski bum years there. I pretty much find such people losers.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

AdironRider

We had some of those types of folks in Stowe during my ski bum years there. I pretty much find such people losers.

In my 12 years here the only behavior that I have seen that would come off as asshole behavior is usually in retaliation to some ignorant tourist being assholes themselves. The "do you know who I am" tourist schtick isn't going to fly in Wyoming.

Nevermind I can count those instances on one hand, but it almost always involves lift line etiquette. Jackson isn't going to put up with some jabroni cutting lines and will call you out loudly for it. Talk back and your skis are going to get tossed out of the lineup. Always an entertaining moment on a pow morning when that happens.

Otherwise hearing some locals bitch at the bar about tourists is a tale as old as time in any resort town, warm or cold.

snoseek

Just don't rave about how awesome your ikon pass is.

GregoryIsaacs

These Jackson locals and tourists sound like extras from an 80's ski movie.

Go to one of those local hockey games they play and you'll see it all first hand...... I've never seen so many Patagonia clad college dropouts who are most likely at or below the poverty line in my life!

skithetrees

That's interesting to me...on my two trips to Jackson Hole, I remember marveling at how nice and polite everyone was. Although I expect the staff to be nice, I loved the mountain ambassadors at JH. So helpful and kind.

Staff and everyone was great. No problems at the lifts or anything. Just two instances where locals had that surfer mentality like they owned the place. I am pretty Damn respectfull along with a good skier. No sideslipping or any of that bs, I have nothing to prove. Never had an issue elsewhere.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Staff and everyone was great. No problems at the lifts or anything. Just two instances where locals had that surfer mentality like they owned the place. I am pretty Damn respectfull along with a good skier. No sideslipping or any of that bs, I have nothing to prove. Never had an issue elsewhere.
Gotta respect the Jackson Hole Air Force brah!

https://www.skimag.com/uncategorized/swift-silent-deep-the-story-of-the-jackson-hole-air-force

Domeskier

Go to one of those local hockey games they play and you'll see it all first hand...... I've never seen so many Patagonia clad college dropouts who are most likely at or below the poverty line in my life!

All they need is a long-in-the-tooth ski bum with a penchant for building his own skis and a mysterious aversion to organized competition to begrudgingly coach a naïve but persistent young skier from New Jersey into winning that King and Queen of Corbets thing and the enduring respect of the other east-coast transplants who have been there just long enough to consider themselves locals.