Killington Passholder Charged with Disorderly Conduct After February Lift Incident

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    27,463

    Post Killington Passholder Charged with Disorderly Conduct After February Lift Incident

    Classy.

    https://www.rutlandherald.com/news/l...fb4e3acdc.html



    Allegedly he was ducking the rope at a lift (doesn't say which one) and had been asked twice to stop it. He continued and ski patrol met up with him and let him know who was boss.
    Last edited by thetrailboss; Apr 26, 2019 at 11:42 AM.
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  2. #2
    ThinkSnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Bad Liver Valley, VT
    Posts
    712
    Two months in prison. Nice.
    Sugarbush skier since 1985.........Think Snow!

  3. #3
    Newpylong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upper Valley, NH
    Posts
    3,027
    For all of my love for the Big K there have been very few lift rides over the years that I didn't want to get off 5 towers early. Something about it draws the yahoos.

  4. #4
    "Halliday said he had gotten on the ski lift but the operator refused to run it because he believed Halliday ducked the ropes again." "The incident allegedly shut down the ski lift for almost 10 minutes."

    So, offended lifty on a power trip shuts down the chair for ten minutes because some jerk ignored his request to thread an empty corral? I'm guessing he gets a fine at most.

  5. #5
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    27,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post
    "Halliday said he had gotten on the ski lift but the operator refused to run it because he believed Halliday ducked the ropes again." "The incident allegedly shut down the ski lift for almost 10 minutes."

    So, offended lifty on a power trip shuts down the chair for ten minutes because some jerk ignored his request to thread an empty corral? I'm guessing he gets a fine at most.
    Keep reading. Apparently he got into a fight with ski patrol. He claims that they assaulted him.
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Keep reading. Apparently he got into a fight with ski patrol. He claims that they assaulted him.
    All the patrollers say is that they fell when he attempted to push past them, not that there was a fight. Weird story in any case. It sounds like the guy went to the police to file charges against the lifty after going to the hospital for some aspirin, but the police decided to charge him instead after interviewing the patrollers.

  7. #7
    machski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northwood, NH (Sunday River, ME)
    Posts
    1,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post

    So, offended lifty on a power trip shuts down the chair for ten minutes because some jerk ignored his request to thread an empty corral? I'm guessing he gets a fine at most.
    If they are ducking the rope into certain lifts, they are bypassing the RFID gates at Killington now. So in that regards, the lifty is correct in requiring the skier/rider to go thru an empty corral. I suppose Killington could have charged him with theft of services too if he kept bypassing gates.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

  8. #8
    Apparently this individual was also charged a few months prior to this incident when he broke the window of someone else's car in the K parking lot if I recall correctly, after a verbal dispute with the owner of the car!



    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

    '19 - '20 season:

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Apparently this individual was also charged a few months prior to this incident when he broke the window of someone else's car in the K parking lot if I recall correctly, after a verbal dispute with the owner of the car!
    I remember that incident. Same guy? Maybe jail is appropriate here...

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Posts
    2,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post
    I remember that incident. Same guy? Maybe jail is appropriate here...
    2 Months with Bubba!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:59 PM.