Killington Passholder Charged with Disorderly Conduct After February Lift Incident - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    Reputation is in the eye of the beholder. Not saying they have a greater concentration but when they have so many skiers they may have more by number not by %.
    Fair.

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    Big time K fan here. Regarding clientele Killington absolutely has a reputation and not in the positive sense...
    Guess it depends which circle you hang out with.

Sent from my SM-N950U using AlpineZone mobile app
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32
    17/18 Season 10

A ski resort is no different than any other kind of hospitality business. How you market such businesses contributes to the kind of clientele you get.

Killington markets itself as the Apres capital of the East. So, you get a fair amount of Bachelor type dudes who aren't always respectful around families. Kinda like how New Orleans isn't Disneyland.

Virtually every mountain has a fairly predictable clientele based on how they market themselves.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ALLSKIING View Post
    Guess it depends which circle you hang out with.

So when you ski you never ride the lift with strangers or hear others talking or see them on the hill?

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    So when you ski you never ride the lift with strangers or hear others talking or see them on the hill?
    Of course and everyone seems pretty happy and talking about there last run. I certainly dont hear people bitching about the resort.

Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32
    17/18 Season 10

I've both received and offered rides up/down the access road... and I've been smoked out in a gondi as a middle-aged man brags to his friends on his cell phone about the "action" he got last night. It all evens out in the end...K is a good place.
    2019-2020 0 days and holding...
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by ALLSKIING View Post
    Of course and everyone seems pretty happy and talking about there last run. I certainly dont hear people bitching about the resort.

You're not picking up what people are putting down. We're talking clientele, not mountain reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    I've both received and offered rides up/down the access road... and I've been smoked out in a gondi as a middle-aged man brags to his friends on his cell phone about the "action" he got last night. It all evens out in the end...K is a good place.
    Try asking skiers at other hills why they dont ski K.
    Many folks I ask say the same thing, LOVE the hill, hate the people (usually followed by something about New Yorkers)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew B. View Post
    Try asking skiers at other hills why they dont ski K.
    Many folks I ask say the same thing, LOVE the hill, hate the people (usually followed by something about New Yorkers)
    Its called Killingcrowds for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    A ski resort is no different than any other kind of hospitality business. How you market such businesses contributes to the kind of clientele you get.

Killington markets itself as the Apres capital of the East. So, you get a fair amount of Bachelor type dudes who aren't always respectful around families. Kinda like how New Orleans isn't Disneyland.

Virtually every mountain has a fairly predictable clientele based on how they market themselves.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
    This strikes me as a reasonable assessment. I would also suggest that once a reputation is gained, it's hard to change. As a father of teens, for years, I've taken my family to Windham rather than Hunter because IMHO, Windham has more of a family friendly reputation. And my impression of Hunter stems from my own experiences from over 25 years ago.

Thread Information