Killington Passholder Charged with Disorderly Conduct After February Lift Incident - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DoublePlanker View Post
    Its called Killingcrowds for a reason.
    Ive heard K called lots of things over the decades I have been a passholder, but I never heard it called Killingcrowds.

I only ski K late season, so I mostly associate it with weirdoes in costumes.

Assholes...you meet them EVERYWHERE you go.

NOT exclusive to K.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Assholes...you meet them EVERYWHERE you go.

NOT exclusive to K.
    Yup, and learning to ignore them is a skill worth developing. But, honestly, I've skied Killington for the past 25 years and I've never encountered many peeps with attitude, or the crowds so bad I wished I hadn't gone. Maybe I've been lucky. I certainly didn't see any fights or outright rude behavior. And now I predominately ski weekdays, so my chances are getting better I won't encounter any "hardos" at K.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Geez, good thing this guy lives in North Chittendon, where he'll only cross paths with 3 people per week.

I guess he will be skiing at Hunter next season. Will fit right in

Maybe if you don't see any hardos you are the hardo? I am joking don't be insulted.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

The only place I have ever gotten an attitude to the point that it bothered me was at Jackson Hole. SOME locals act like they own the place and everyone else is an unwelcome guest. Killington never really stood out to me one way or another in terms of attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by skithetrees View Post
    The only place I have ever gotten an attitude to the point that it bothered me was at Jackson Hole. SOME locals act like they own the place and everyone else is an unwelcome guest. Killington never really stood out to me one way or another in terms of attitude.
    That's interesting to me...on my two trips to Jackson Hole, I remember marveling at how nice and polite everyone was. Although I expect the staff to be nice, I loved the mountain ambassadors at JH. So helpful and kind.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLSKIING View Post
    Killington doesn't have a poor reputation
    You're not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    Maybe if you don't see any hardos you are the hardo?
    That's actually a fascinating hypothesis. lol
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by skithetrees View Post
    Its the ski center of the universe bro.

Jackson can feel real cold at first inspection but once youre in you make life long friends. Like a lot of resort towns they see a lot of people come and go so they dont greet everyone with open arms and its a bit of a proving ground. A mountain like that comes with tough people and thats what makes it what it is. What you are talking about though is likely more related to aggressive young men that are new to town and feeling the brunt of that local cold shoulder. The winters are long, woman are scarce and the competition is fierce!

Anyways, if you think that was bad you should have seen the young lodge boys at Alta come spring back in the 90s. They were so backed up theyd go full rehtard.

Thread Information