• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington Passholder Charged with Disorderly Conduct After February Lift Incident

Newpylong

For all of my love for the Big K there have been very few lift rides over the years that I didn't want to get off 5 towers early. Something about it draws the yahoos.

Domeskier

"Halliday said he had gotten on the ski lift but the operator refused to run it because he believed Halliday ducked the ropes again." "The incident allegedly shut down the ski lift for almost 10 minutes."

So, offended lifty on a power trip shuts down the chair for ten minutes because some jerk ignored his request to thread an empty corral? I'm guessing he gets a fine at most.

thetrailboss

Staff member
"Halliday said he had gotten on the ski lift but the operator refused to run it because he believed Halliday ducked the ropes again." "The incident allegedly shut down the ski lift for almost 10 minutes."

So, offended lifty on a power trip shuts down the chair for ten minutes because some jerk ignored his request to thread an empty corral? I'm guessing he gets a fine at most.

Keep reading. Apparently he got into a fight with ski patrol. He claims that they assaulted him.

Domeskier

Keep reading. Apparently he got into a fight with ski patrol. He claims that they assaulted him.

All the patrollers say is that they fell when he attempted to push past them, not that there was a fight. Weird story in any case. It sounds like the guy went to the police to file charges against the lifty after going to the hospital for some aspirin, but the police decided to charge him instead after interviewing the patrollers.

drjeff

Apparently this individual was also charged a few months prior to this incident when he broke the window of someone else's car in the K parking lot if I recall correctly, after a verbal dispute with the owner of the car!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

Domeskier

Apparently this individual was also charged a few months prior to this incident when he broke the window of someone else's car in the K parking lot if I recall correctly, after a verbal dispute with the owner of the car!

I remember that incident. Same guy? Maybe jail is appropriate here...

BenedictGomez

It also says Killington tried to pull his lift ticket & he wouldnt let them! LOL The guy sounds like the stereotypical Killington nut that gives Killington its' poor reputation.

skiur

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

He broke the window because the car was parked "too close" to his. There was a dog in the car of the window he broke as well.

machski

If they are ducking the rope into certain lifts, they are bypassing the RFID gates at Killington now. So in that regards, the lifty is correct in requiring the skier/rider to go thru an empty corral. I suppose Killington could have charged him with theft of services too if he kept bypassing gates.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
Who determines what the reputation is?

How many skiers does Killington serve in a season? How many have to be "hardos" to determine that Killington has a greater hardo concentration than another mountain? What is a hardo?

Smellytele

Who determines what the reputation is?

How many skiers does Killington serve in a season? How many have to be "hardos" to determine that Killington has a greater hardo concentration than another mountain? What is a hardo?

Reputation is in the eye of the beholder. Not saying they have a greater concentration but when they have so many skiers they may have more by number not by %.