• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

May 1st and Mother Nature is Confused

JimG.

Staff member
fog cleared by 2pm, great skiing to the close. Sorry I didnt see you.

You didn't see me because I was at home. Looked at SS webcam like around 9am and then again at 12pm and nothing but fog. Looked again at about 3:30 and it had cleared out.

Busy with James' SAT yesterday. Was going to fish today but weather sucks here.

You didn't see me because I was at home. Looked at SS webcam like around 9am and then again at 12pm and nothing but fog. Looked again at about 3:30 and it had cleared out.

Busy with James' SAT yesterday. Was going to fish today but weather sucks here.

Ahh, the thing that was not apparent is that it was clear above that fog bank. it moved around all day. Today too.

jimk

Arapahoe Basin May 4, 2019:
pugski bob.jpg
pugski mike cornice.jpg

A-Basin May 5:
pugski zuma gang.jpg

pugski gary sunday.jpg
Beautiful weekend if a little cool. Not exactly beach weather at A-Basin's beach. Still tons of snow in the Colorado high alpine. Going to Breckenridge tomorrow to check out their late spring skiing (see background left of first photo).

cdskier

From Killingtonzone, too bad they won’t be open until Friday

View attachment 25255

Currently snowing on MRG and Sugarbush webcams. Interestingly enough, the mid-mountain snow stake at SB shows some gloppy, wet snow accumulating while the summit one seems to be above the snow as it shows no snow on the stake platform or currently falling at all.

skiMEbike

Snowing currently at the Loaf...looks like an inch or so already on the ground with a forecast of 4-10 at elevation through today/tonight...Too bad with the base they had on closing day, they could easily re-open and possibly push for June, but they won't :cry:

tekweezle

It snowed 1-3 inches last week for a day while I was passing through Stratton. It was beautiful. But then it melted in a day.