May 1st and Mother Nature is Confused

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

May 1st and Mother Nature is Confused

May 1st and after a warm and terribly wet April, Mother Nature has become e confused again. Currently snowing lightly at the KBL, looks to be more early March weather for the May 1st slalom than the day it is.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Photo evidenceIMG_20190501_083849.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Yeah after a great early and middle season this "spring" has been a dud. Late April warm and very rainy, now cold and cloudy with more rain.

I need 2 more days to hit 50 but weather has been cold and rainy and I'm starting to lose interest. Got busy with my youngest son's SAT prep and that has cost me a few ski days. The rest of this week looks like crap except for maybe Saturday, but that's his test day.

I'm starting to hear the fish calling me.

Wish it just stop raining long enough so I can swap tires. This spring...sucked. at least for me
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    This spring...sucked. at least for me
    Same. Three weekends in a row I wanted to get up to Vermont and it rained all 3 weekends.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    Wish it just stop raining long enough so I can swap tires. This spring...sucked. at least for me
    Yeah but I'd rather the weather go to crap at this time of year rather than December-March. The first half of April was very good but things have turned since April 17 or so (my last ski day). Would love to hit 50 but not in crap conditions.

Yep, pretty shitty. Left a Whiteface ticket unused, really wanted to get some Spring turns in there. Glad I blew work off to ski Sugarbush a couple Wednesdays ago. Here's to a great May at K. Come on Ma Nature, please deliver.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app
    Leave no turn unstoned!

Strange thing is that it's still winter range in temperatures in a few places out west and Europe(Banff, Snowbird, Winter Park, and may Val Disere and Zermatt) if you seek it. Unfortunately I called it quits a few weeks ago when it look like winter was completely falling off the table so nothing planned.... And the rest of anything that is open is rapidly drawing to a close.
    wish i were skiing.....

Quote Originally Posted by tekweezle View Post
    Strange thing is that it's still winter range in temperatures in a few places out west and Europe(Banff, Snowbird, Winter Park, and may Val Disere and Zermatt) if you seek it. Unfortunately I called it quits a few weeks ago when it look like winter was completely falling off the table so nothing planned.... And the rest of anything that is open is rapidly drawing to a close.
    My kid lives in Boulder, he was at the Nuggets game Monday, snowing in Denver at the time. A-basin got 16" in the last 72 hrs.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app
    Leave no turn unstoned!

Funny, I'd say this was one of my best "spring skiing" years ever. Just not a lot of it spent in New England. Got some great weather in the PA and CA. As for my 2 VT Spring weekends 1 was beautiful and the other very snowy. Guess I lucked out with the timing of things.

Thread Information