Stowe--Wknd Crowds - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Who knows. Could be a family reunion type thing, a friend with a timeshare they need to fill. I agree that booking an Eastern ski trip 10 months in advance is a little unusual, but might as well answer her question. I'd do so knowing a bit more information

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
    If Friday is a work day I've never really had to wait in line very long anywhere up in VT.

Agreed. Guess I was just curious what the other three areas are. If she responded Jay, Sugarbush and Smuggs; my suggestion would be to ski Bush and Jay on the weekend and Stowe and Smuggs M/F

Agreed. Guess I was just curious what the other three areas are. If she responded Jay, Sugarbush and Smuggs; my suggestion would be to ski Bush and Jay on the weekend and Stowe and Smuggs M/F

Yes, that would be good advice!

Tony

Ya pretty much stay away from Stowe on Saturdays.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using AlpineZone mobile app
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

And WKND is an acceptable abbreviation for weekend

15-16 Killington 11-17-16

My experience is, a typical weekend, there will be about a 10 minute wait at teh forerunner from about 10-10:30 to 12:30-1. Other than that, couple minutes to ski on.

The Gondi will be a little longer. But Stowe can handle crowds very well.

Obviously if it's a holiday, or a lift goes down for wind or whatever, or it's a crazy sick powder day with clear roads in teh AM, things can get shitty, but generally speaking, I wouldn't worry about it.

What are the other mountains?

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    And WKND is an acceptable abbreviation for weekend

...if you’re a 13 year old girl on a Friday night

Good point about the reunion type pre-planning. The point above is also spot on. However, while I only ski Stowe a couple times a year, a Saturday is always in the mix. 4-runner is to be avoided, Gondi can be ok because the line moves pretty good. Outlook never has any line of substance though its a slow lift. I've also found the lines at Spruce, especially Sensation Quad, to be manageable.
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Thread Information