• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New ski boot liners

John9

My left foot has a higher instep.I found wearing the liner only, the elastic strap over the instep causes too much pressure. I don't see how It can be stretched since it's elastic. Does anyone see a problem cutting the strap about hAlf way to relieve the pressure?

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com

John9

Thanks for the reply. It is slowly breaking in. It's just frustrating since the right one is perfect. Been a very long time since I had to break in new boots.

John9

I cut the elestic strap over the instep, so glad I did. Now the instep pressure is gone. The only function of that strap was to hold the tongue behind the shell when putting on the boot, no issue simply doing it without it. Now all I need is the liner pushed out for the big toe, left toe is just enough longer than the right to get pushed and go numb, easy fix.