• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A "SMART" Ski Lift: The Future of Ski Lifts?

AdironRider

Ahhh yes, a part of the phenomena known as entitlement, with a dash of "look at me" syndrome.

It's not like this couldn't have been done 20 years ago with small portable speakers; it's just that people didn't.

People have blasted music in public spaces since the dawn of the speaker.

Unknown.jpeg

Ahh others beat me to it.

Can we give Benedict an avatar of an old guy yelling at a cloud?

BenedictGomez

People have blasted music in public spaces since the dawn of the speaker.

People have combined flour & water to create pasta* since the dawn of time too.

maxresdefault.jpg

*Just thought I'd mention something else that nobody in this thread is talking about.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

I agree, but I think it's due more to a change in technology than a change in people.

Oh, it's definitely much, much easier, so there's no doubt technology has helped this plague spread. But as I mentioned, there have been tiny speakers you could do this with for at least 15 years (i.e. wireless not being a necessity) or more if you really wanted to.

The true mystery is trying to get into the head of someone who does this. I cant fathom that level of entitlement or complete disregard for others. And if it's not the former or the latter, it's certainly a lack of awareness.

Hawk

Oh, it's definitely much, much easier, so there's no doubt technology has helped this plague spread. But as I mentioned, there have been tiny speakers you could do this with for at least 15 years (i.e. wireless not being a necessity) or more if you really wanted to.

The true mystery is trying to get into the head of someone who does this. I cant fathom that level of entitlement or complete disregard for others. And if it's not the former or the latter, it's certainly a lack of awareness.
Funny you should mention this. I had a friend in the 90's who was an electronics geek and he made a vest with 2 large speakers in custom soft-sided pockets on the front with a small amplifier that could plug into a Walkman. He used to ski with it at Sunday River and he called his invention Stereo Tits. LOL Stanger but true.