A "SMART" Ski Lift: The Future of Ski Lifts? - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    During my first season in Jackson a buddy of mine decided to turn the horn on the bucking bronc logo into a penis and drew in a gal riding it with a sharpie. He later found out that the terminals have cameras and they figured out he did it. I think they called the sheriff if I remember correctly.

The next season the horns were removed form their logo.
    Hmmm, something seems off there. Wouldn't a bucking bronco with a horn be a bucking unicorn?

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Exactly. That phenomenon is annoying. As is the guy I saw last year with his RC Truck on a hike.
    It's spreading as well. People still use headphones, but others see the need to broadcast music. I walk at lunch and I've see and hear the bluetooth speaker users out there.

SoVT

I wonder how big the market is for bluetooth speaker-equipped RC cars and trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytrem View Post
    Hmmm, something seems off there. Wouldn't a bucking bronco with a horn be a bucking unicorn?
    Haha, the saddle horn, maybe it's called something else? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    a buddy of mine decided to turn the horn on the bucking bronc logo into a penis and drew in a gal riding it
    Classy.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    See "Bluetooth Speakers and Backpacks".
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    It's spreading as well. People still use headphones, but others see the need to broadcast music.

Ahhh yes, a part of the phenomena known as entitlement, with a dash of "look at me" syndrome.

It's not like this couldn't have been done 20 years ago with small portable speakers; it's just that people didn't.

I beg to differ. Things really haven't changed. In the 80s having a bad ass Boom Box or Ghetto Blaster was a point of pride for young people. I specifically remember "Field Day" in my elementary school. It was the one day a year all the kids were allowed to bring their Boom Box to school. I recall blasting Van Halen 1984

My older brother was in High School at the time and I remember that age group would always meet up in a local strip mall parking lot, park their cars side by side and have a Boom Box sitting on the roof of a car (often an Iroc or Monte Carlo) blaring music until the local PD would show up and shoo them away.

Now I don't remember Boom boxes on the ski hill, but Walkmans for sure.

Probably my most common stocking stuffer as a kid were batteries and blank cassette tapes.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I beg to differ. Things really haven't changed.
    I thought it was obvious I was talking about the ski slopes. People really didn't do this in the 90s or 00s, or at least certainly no en masse. It's an entirely recent'ish phenomena.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    It's an entirely recent'ish phenomena.
    I agree, but I think it's due more to a change in technology than a change in people.

Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post
    I agree, but I think it's due more to a change in technology than a change in people.
    You might be right. Carrying a Boom Box while skiing certainly would be a bit problematic. Meanwhile a bluetooth speaker requires virtually no effort to carry while skiing.

Thread Information