• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anybody skiing this weekend?

skiur

Looking like a decent weekend at K, I plan to be hitting the bumps on superstar and tailgating on the access road until the sun goes down.

skiur

Seems to be the case this year, exception being this past weekend, the weather at K on Saturday was about as perfect as it can be. The only bad thing about Saturday was how sunburnt my face got.....I put sunblock on before getting to the hill but probably should have reapplied a few times during the day!!

don't believe the forecast. Sunday was suppose to rain and it was blazing again

makimono

don't believe the forecast. Sunday was suppose to rain and it was blazing again

I'm upset at myself for not going, van was packed and I was up at 5am and backed out last second because of the thunderstorm forecasts. Going this Sunday no matter what, need my Spring Superstar fix!

machski

Superstar still skiing great. Top in the clouds today, but still good up there. The breakover is starting to show on skiers right, the spine is still fine and plenty of material to work with. The other problem spot is right before the breakover into Preston's. It's fine today and likely tomorrow but could require bridging later this weekend. Ski on-off all weekend, not sure about that for next weekend but should be continuous in between. Be aware we are into the World Cup base now, Icy out of bumps especially today in low 50's and overcast. Mogul surface took a beating and with the ice coming through, they are challenging outside of where they have had traffic. Sun remainder of weekend will hopefully help smooth them out.IMG_20190524_120533.jpgIMG_20190524_115851.jpgIMG_20190524_120029.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

urungus

Skiied a few laps at Killington on Saturday. Lots of people there. They have been grooming a stripe down the middle but it had already started to bump up by the time I got there at 11:00. Snow was scraped down to the World Cup ice sheet in the troughs, but even the icy parts were easily edgeable. Coverage is still quite solid, although starting to creep in from the sides, I think they have a good chance of making it to June again this year (only a week away).

D2035FE1-4AF7-4AFF-9C2F-5CEB427EB838.jpg

Guy in foreground looks like he got impaled, LOL:
B35A7CBF-CDCC-4D54-9F98-EFC7C3C39076.jpg

Apparently Batman & Robin were also there, although unfortunately I did not spot them on Superstar with their capes fluttering behind them:
5A3F9C30-6F61-4B3F-B8A0-B4875F5FBBA7.jpg

56FFB1FD-AC31-4D23-A0D4-DB2E2A64261B.jpg