• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Keeping snow out of your boots when skiing in shorts

urungus

Hoping to hit Killington one more time this season. On a nice spring day it is fun to wear shorts, but I find the snow I kick up seeps in through the top “cuff” of my boots. Any tips on this, short of duct taping a garbage bag around the top of each boot ?

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Hoping to hit Killington one more time this season. On a nice spring day it is fun to wear shorts, but I find the snow I kick up seeps in through the top “cuff” of my boots. Any tips on this, short of duct taping a garbage bag around the top of each boot ?

Some kind of Velcro strap but not too tight that it cuts off your circulation.
Post a report please always nice to see pictures.

drjeff

We all find out why shorts are a really bad idea after one good fall.

So true!!

That snow that at one point may of been light and soft by the time it's gone through multiple corn cycles, let alone down to some of that World Cup snow that some of Superstar is likely starting to expose now, has the texture of some COARSE sand paper if you fall and slide along the base snow! Been there, done that!

As for a trick of you want to ski and shorts and keep the snow out of the top of the cuff area, I have a friend who swears by putting a neoprene knee brace and/or calf sleeve over the top of his boots and up onto the top of his ski socks/calves. That way he doesn't have the sensation of the often semi floppy nylon of a gaitor rubbng against his legs

dblskifanatic

If it is warm enough to ski in shorts then I find snow in the boots to be refreshing. As far as snow rash - last weekend was swimwear day at A Basin and a woman was wearing a bikini and took a digger - full side rash and it looked like it hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

skiur

If it is warm enough to ski in shorts then I find snow in the boots to be refreshing. As far as snow rash - last weekend was swimwear day at A Basin and a woman was wearing a bikini and took a digger - full side rash and it looked like it hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

I always wondered if the bikini would stay in place if someone took a decent slide in one.

urungus

Yesterday at Killington I saw a dude in a Tom Brady jersey and shorts rocking a pair of gaiters. Can’t say I like the look. I passed on wearing shorts myself, but next time I think I will try drjeff’s suggestion of a knee brace or compression sleeve.

SIKSKIER

Whenever I wear shorts for skiing its along with a ski pant shell.As soon as the run is over the pants get unzipped and opened for the chairlift ride or when not skiing.