Keeping snow out of your boots when skiing in shorts

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Keeping snow out of your boots when skiing in shorts

Hoping to hit Killington one more time this season. On a nice spring day it is fun to wear shorts, but I find the snow I kick up seeps in through the top “cuff” of my boots. Any tips on this, short of duct taping a garbage bag around the top of each boot ?

Most of the guys in shorts I see wear gaiters.

Quote Originally Posted by urungus View Post
    Hoping to hit Killington one more time this season. On a nice spring day it is fun to wear shorts, but I find the snow I kick up seeps in through the top “cuff” of my boots. Any tips on this, short of duct taping a garbage bag around the top of each boot ?
    Some kind of Velcro strap but not too tight that it cuts off your circulation.
    Post a report please always nice to see pictures.
    "Make Greenland Green again"

We all find out why shorts are a really bad idea after one good fall.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    We all find out why shorts are a really bad idea after one good fall.
    So true!!

That snow that at one point may of been light and soft by the time it's gone through multiple corn cycles, let alone down to some of that World Cup snow that some of Superstar is likely starting to expose now, has the texture of some COARSE sand paper if you fall and slide along the base snow! Been there, done that!

As for a trick of you want to ski and shorts and keep the snow out of the top of the cuff area, I have a friend who swears by putting a neoprene knee brace and/or calf sleeve over the top of his boots and up onto the top of his ski socks/calves. That way he doesn't have the sensation of the often semi floppy nylon of a gaitor rubbng against his legs
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Just wrap some duct tape around yo leg gap

If it is warm enough to ski in shorts then I find snow in the boots to be refreshing. As far as snow rash - last weekend was swimwear day at A Basin and a woman was wearing a bikini and took a digger - full side rash and it looked like it hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by dblskifanatic View Post
    If it is warm enough to ski in shorts then I find snow in the boots to be refreshing. As far as snow rash - last weekend was swimwear day at A Basin and a woman was wearing a bikini and took a digger - full side rash and it looked like it hurt.

I always wondered if the bikini would stay in place if someone took a decent slide in one.

Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    I always wondered if the bikini would stay in place if someone took a decent slide in one.
    Been going for three years now and have not seen any wardrobe malfunctions due to that but I am sure it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    Maybe James Brown knew.IMG_20190523_154943929.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app
    Leave no turn unstoned!

Thread Information