• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski areas still open

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Thank you everyone for their support.

I started compiling a list for myself as to see what were my skiing options back when I was in university in the late 1980/early 1990. I thought it was ashamed that people were always surprised that there was still skiing in April.

Once the ski forums started, I renewed my research and it’s gotten more extensive in recent years in trying to cover the entire East from North Carolina to Labrador. Individually researching each ski websites and Facebook pages. Sometimes communicating with the ski areas directly.

I don’t post links to promote my site (Wordpress, FB or Instagram). I’ve been posting many of my ski diary among with the rest of my activities (skiing, concerts, travel ... and cats). You can find the IG page, my alias is the same as my IG name. Just finished posting my last ski day, July 1st at Mammoth in several posts.

Have a great summer everyone.

Tonyr

Mammoth July 13/14th. Great 2 days. Many different ways to ski the steeps.
Top of 23
https://photos.app.goo.gl/d1MBKMzrjTE5c4UAA
From top of Gondi, taken from the top of Chair 3
https://photos.app.goo.gl/faVLn3wGDCvqzvHW7
Climax
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8vNV9TowM4uogxVz6

Mammoth is such a great place to ski, the snow still looks pretty good in those pictures. When we were there two weeks ago and they had about 50 trails open and almost the whole top of the mountain which i thought was pretty impressive for that late into the season. They announced skiing into August early this summer but It was just confirmed that Mammoth's last day of the season is going to be July 28th.

Tony

Mammoth is such a great place to ski, the snow still looks pretty good in those pictures. When we were there two weeks ago and they had about 50 trails open and almost the whole top of the mountain which i thought was pretty impressive for that late into the season. They announced skiing into August early this summer but It was just confirmed that Mammoth's last day of the season is going to be July 28th.

Tony
Very impressed with the place.

machski

Mammoth is awesome, we went July 2-3 in addition to the week after Easter. Skiing in July was great but I had the opportunity to fly over Mammoth just about two weeks before we arrived on June 20th. The amount of snow loss in that 2 week span was huge.

This first photo is the overhead from the 20th. You can easily pick out main base and Stump Alley to it's left fully covered.
IMG_20190620_113206.jpgIMG_20190702_102350.jpg
This next shot is how Stump Alley looked July 2. Couldn't believe how fast it changed.
Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Tonyr

Mammoth is awesome, we went July 2-3 in addition to the week after Easter. Skiing in July was great but I had the opportunity to fly over Mammoth just about two weeks before we arrived on June 20th. The amount of snow loss in that 2 week span was huge.

This first photo is the overhead from the 20th. You can easily pick out main base and Stump Alley to it's left fully covered.
View attachment 25371View attachment 25372
This next shot is how Stump Alley looked July 2. Couldn't believe how fast it changed.

We were there from the 29th through the 2nd of July as well. I wish I had photos but there was a major difference in coverage at Stump Alley just from the 29th through the 2nd. The bottom section shown there was much more filled in on the 29th. The sun really melted out the snow fast. The top half of the mountain held up real well though while we were there.

machski

We were there from the 29th through the 2nd of July as well. I wish I had photos but there was a major difference in coverage at Stump Alley just from the 29th through the 2nd. The bottom section shown there was much more filled in on the 29th. The sun really melted out the snow fast. The top half of the mountain held up real well though while we were there.
Very true on the top, still was great on the 2nd and 3rd. Even down to main base was still great then, though you could tell the Cats had been working hard to bridge up parts of each run down lower. Impressed with the effort they put in that late in the season!