• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski areas still open

dblskifanatic

http://www.skicentral.com/openareas-skireport.html

Killington still going at it - not surprising they lay it on thick on Superstar

Not on the list Aspen and Purgatory opening for Memorial Day weekend

Breck extends season into second weekend in June IMG_1318.jpgand A Basin will stay open into mid June and possibly longer.

https://kdvr.com/2019/05/22/breckenridge-ski-resort-extends-season-to-first-2-weekends-in-june/

Picture from A Basin last weekend puking snow. More came this week and Breck and A Basin.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

thetrailboss

Staff member
Snowbird is still open. And we got fresh powder last night! :beer:

Add to the list Squaw Valley and Mammoth.

thetrailboss

Staff member
They are on ski central open list. With freshness at Snowbird, do they plan to extend?

Yes. They announced solid plans to stay open weekends until June 16th. Then they are hoping to stay open to July 4th.

https://www.snowbird.com/mountain-report/

We just hit 707" for the season. I can personally attest that it is still midwinter up there. We've had very little spring skiing to date.

Last edited:

p_levert

Since A-basin is quitting the Epic Pass, Breck will be the new springtime resort for Vail. Breck has the altitude, but it's a pretty awkward configuration with the lifts. I think they would do better to add an upper lift at Keystone, which is in the fuzzy long range plans.

dblskifanatic

Breck has been keeping Independence Chair (peak 7) open as well as Peak 6 which leads back to Independence. Other than that it is the upper bowls off Imperial and the T bar. Still skiing nice with lots of new snow over the past two weeks.

Vail’s play is to have Keystone open early as in October and Breck to stay open longer to compete with A Basin. US Forest Service has approved this plan.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com

Tonyr

Snowbird is still open. And we got fresh powder last night! [emoji481]

Add to the list Squaw Valley and Mammoth.
Mammoth just announced that they are open daily up to August if you can believe that. I have to make a trip out to CA for work at the end of June so afterwards we are going to swing by Mammoth for a few days then Squaw for the 4th. These photos are of the pole at the summit in the summer vs what its looks like up there now at Mammoth. The base depth is still at 90 inches the summit depth is 150 inches, the summit has had over 700 inches of snow this year.......7006110_large_1437677896.jpgD7A_6t0U8AANDEM.jpeg

Sent from my SM-T820 using AlpineZone mobile app

p_levert

Has anyone skied at Mt St Sauveur in May? How is it? I see that there are actually two runs open today, not just one like Killington. Is it a fun scene, like at Killington?

sull1102

Wow wow wow. Amazing what is still out there for us diehards

Zand

Between the pictures of that powder day at Wolf Creek in mid October and these pictures of Snowbird on Memorial Day Weekend, it's been a very long powdery season out west.

dblskifanatic

IMG_1406.jpg

A Basin still skiing and looking good. Warming up a lot today though. Hand waxed skis with a warm weather wax which is working out well.

urungus

110306D9-7EE1-4331-8CFA-D4269CE6DD77.jpeg

Photo of Superstar from killingtonzone yesterday ... getting near the end, note thin spot halfway down