• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski areas still open

Zand

There was quite a bit base snow left on Monday in some areas...a couple spots with 2-3 feet still. Hopefully they can get creative and keep it from getting too ugly.

dblskifanatic

A Basin announced that they will extend weekends until June 23rd and possibly longer. Lots of snow!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

jimk

My son says the scuttlebutt at Snowbird is that they will stay open for the 4th of July.

dblskifanatic

A Basin announced that they will extend weekends until June 23rd and possibly longer. Lots of snow!

Interesting day at A Basin Sunday! Spring skiing on Sunday June 2nd in the morning wearing shorts then it got interesting it started snowing and while on the chair lift in Beavers it started thundering and lightning. They kept stopping the lift. I saw a dozen lighting strikes with super loud thunder. They cleared the entire mountain and being the second to last chair loaded I was at the top of A Basin almost by myself with one skier behind me. What a dream, I could ski how I want and as fast as I wanted and I took the longest line I could think of. I was a happy camper.

IMG_1446.jpg

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Snowbird is still open. Peruvian Express is not running this weekend. Tram to Mineral Basin and Little Cloud. Looks like one can still ski top-to-bottom on both sides.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Do you do anything other than try and juice traffic to your blog?

Madpatski has done a good thing by compiling all his information on who's open and trends and whatnot. Ya think he's making money off of each click on his wordpress??? Sheesh. Get a life dude, there's better much more legitimate things to complain about in life if you see the need to bitch and moan.

cdskier

Count me in with the people that like and appreciate what Pat does.

Zand

Just imagine if his blog gave away 50,000 free tickets to Jackson Hole! :D