• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter North

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
End of May, and I don't see ANY kind of activity over there. I was hoping they'd be doing some rework and was really wishing that they were going to move the lift further up the hill??!! Heck at least do some regrading on the DROP into Wayout and possibly fix it so we can use Whitecloud again?

jimmywilson69

you thought they were going to do major overhaul work on a multimillion dollar 6 person chair lift, that includes doing one of themore complex lift construction operations after year 1?

Interesting...

legalskier

Heck at least do some regrading on the DROP into Wayout and possibly fix it so we can use Whitecloud again?

How do you suggest they regrade Wayout? Any idea why they shut down Whitecloud- possibly due to too much traffic funneling into Belt Parkway?

skiur

you thought they were going to do major overhaul work on a multimillion dollar 6 person chair lift, that includes doing one of themore complex lift construction operations after year 1?

Interesting...

Yes, that was quite cute that he thought they were going to move the lift!

slatham

End of May, and I don't see ANY kind of activity over there. I was hoping they'd be doing some rework and was really wishing that they were going to move the lift further up the hill??!! Heck at least do some regrading on the DROP into Wayout and possibly fix it so we can use Whitecloud again?

I highly doubt they touch that lift for years.

As for grading, they have plenty of time, and I would expect they'd want it a bit drier.

FBGM

Maybe they should have done it right the first time. But what do you expect when you Have sub par project managers that think it’s their way only.

cdskier

I'm pretty perplexed by this post. If they were doing something as major as moving the lift, wouldn't they have announced that? Moving a lift (that was just installed) isn't exactly simple (or cheap). What's the ROI on moving the lift further up the hill? (Rhetorical question as the answer is virtually nothing).

Perhaps I could understand some regrading, but being surprised that nothing has been done yet in MAY is bizarre. You simply don't do that type of work this early under normal circumstances. Snowmaking is 5-6 months away...why would you do trail work this early when the ground is still so wet?

So Inclined

and possibly fix it so we can use Whitecloud again?

I don't recall where I read it/heard it (maybe here) but it sounds very possible that White Cloud-as-it-was is a thing of the past.