Hunter North

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Hunter North

  1. #1
    RichT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY
    Posts
    357

    Hunter North

    End of May, and I don't see ANY kind of activity over there. I was hoping they'd be doing some rework and was really wishing that they were going to move the lift further up the hill??!! Heck at least do some regrading on the DROP into Wayout and possibly fix it so we can use Whitecloud again?
    NEVER SUMMER!

  2. #2
    you thought they were going to do major overhaul work on a multimillion dollar 6 person chair lift, that includes doing one of themore complex lift construction operations after year 1?


    Interesting...
    2018-2019


    TBD

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by RichT View Post
    Heck at least do some regrading on the DROP into Wayout and possibly fix it so we can use Whitecloud again?
    How do you suggest they regrade Wayout? Any idea why they shut down Whitecloud- possibly due to too much traffic funneling into Belt Parkway?
    If it's snowin' I'm goin'

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmywilson69 View Post
    you thought they were going to do major overhaul work on a multimillion dollar 6 person chair lift, that includes doing one of themore complex lift construction operations after year 1?


    Interesting...
    Yes, that was quite cute that he thought they were going to move the lift!


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by RichT View Post
    End of May, and I don't see ANY kind of activity over there. I was hoping they'd be doing some rework and was really wishing that they were going to move the lift further up the hill??!! Heck at least do some regrading on the DROP into Wayout and possibly fix it so we can use Whitecloud again?
    I highly doubt they touch that lift for years.

    As for grading, they have plenty of time, and I would expect they'd want it a bit drier.
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

  6. #6
    Maybe they should have done it right the first time. But what do you expect when you Have sub par project managers that think it’s their way only.

  7. #7
    Newpylong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upper Valley, NH
    Posts
    2,970
    You don't do trail work in spring...

  8. #8
    I'm pretty perplexed by this post. If they were doing something as major as moving the lift, wouldn't they have announced that? Moving a lift (that was just installed) isn't exactly simple (or cheap). What's the ROI on moving the lift further up the hill? (Rhetorical question as the answer is virtually nothing).

    Perhaps I could understand some regrading, but being surprised that nothing has been done yet in MAY is bizarre. You simply don't do that type of work this early under normal circumstances. Snowmaking is 5-6 months away...why would you do trail work this early when the ground is still so wet?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by RichT View Post
    and possibly fix it so we can use Whitecloud again?
    I don't recall where I read it/heard it (maybe here) but it sounds very possible that White Cloud-as-it-was is a thing of the past.

  10. #10
    RichT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY
    Posts
    357
    It's a WISH, I really didn't think that they would do anything about any of it.......just a wish, dream, answered prayer..........?
    NEVER SUMMER!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:01 PM.