Fishing 2019 - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fishing 2019

On water at 7am, reversed my usual route and trolled right out to the small island. By 8am Mike and I had caught and released 4 very nice bass:

91196.jpg
    91194.jpg
    91195.jpg

Fished from 7-noon. Not every good spot produced a fish but we continued to catch nice bass right up until 11:45 when we headed back to the boat spot:

91191.jpg

In terms of numbers and quality fish my best day at the East Branch this season. September is magic!

Soon we ski.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did a repeat on Friday 9/13 solo. Conditions very similar except for one thing...the wind. Instead of being directly from the east it was northeasterly. The northern component made it colder (I wore a jacket most of the morning) and it was blowing at a faster speed. Whereas on Labor day the worm was the ticket, today it was useless. All fish caught on lures. The boat was usually moving too fast for worm fishing.

So I did a lot of rowing and trolling. Finally found some white perch, caught a nice one trolling then stayed in the area and caught a few smaller ones on a #2 silver fox.
    That was it until the end of the old weed bed where I was able to park the boat against some exposed rocks and cast. The rocks are part of a wall that extends out and down from shore. My first cast that lined up with the wall on retrieve got me a nice largemouth:

91319.jpg

That was my last fishing spot of the day and I headed back in. I left at 12:30 with the distinct impression that the fishing was turning on.

Thread Information