Like we've been saying about Gore.... - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    That's odd; there's never been "too many" of, uh...... well, anyone, whenever I've skied Gore.
    My thought as well.

In my experience if you know where to look when the woods are in play it's fantastic. If orda offered a midweek gore belleayre whiteface pass I would probably switch to that.

Quote Originally Posted by zyk View Post
    In my experience if you know where to look when the woods are in play it's fantastic. If orda offered a midweek gore belleayre whiteface pass I would probably switch to that.
    I have the regular NYS 3 in 1. I don't get to Gore enough. I do Belleayre a lot because its very close but I have to get to Gore more. At least 5 days part of next season's goals no reason I should not do that.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Planker View Post
    Lets see.

- Customer Service questioning how I received my Comps (30 year NSP Patroller).
    - Smoking in the lift line.
    - Tossing beverage cans off the lift.
    - Patrons not willing to wait in line w/ everyone else... Cutting/ saving spots for people in lift lines.
    - Pushy & obnoxious attitude(s) in Caf line.

- Parking lot entitlement from some gal "because I'm a season pass holder" - Yeah right, I'll give up my spot for you.

Kinda reminded me of Killington on a Holiday weekend....

No worries - Plenty of places to ski a lil further north...
    Sounds like every ski resort south of northern Vermont!

Lets see.

- Patrons not willing to wait in line w/ everyone else... Cutting/ saving spots for people in lift lines.

- Parking lot entitlement from some gal "because I'm a season pass holder" - Yeah right, I'll give up my spot for you.

Interesting...I never had any of those experiences, but I also haven't been there in probably 8 or 9 years now. Wonder if things have changed or if I was just lucky (or you unlucky). All of those things would bother me if I had experienced them.

Only had issues in the restaurant/bar with service. No issue with clientele.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Lets see.

I usually get up to Gore 2x/season. One of my closest friend's family has a house nearby so I've been going since I was a little kid. I haven't experienced any of these things.

That said, unfortunately, tossing cans from the lift doesn't seem to be limited to Gore...I rarely see it happen, but have seen the results on the ground. Camelback is where I've seen it the most (by far).

I can't stand smoking...wherever it happens, so smoking in the liftline is bullshit to me. But there's always going to be the folks who believe that their right to smoke take precedence over your right to breathe clean air. Again, I rarely see it, but have a hard time believing that this is a specific problem to Gore.

Same goes with the parking and cafeteria lines...there are always entitled people in this world.

What I will say is that Gore's terrain compares very favorably to any of the Southern VT hills at a cheaper price.

The areas where I feel that Gore falls short have little to do with the mountain itself. Falls short in lodging, dining options, grocery stores, beer/wine selection, night life, things to do other than ski, etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec142 View Post
    The areas where I feel that Gore falls short have little to do with the mountain itself. Falls short in lodging, dining options, grocery stores, beer/wine selection, night life, things to do other than ski, etc. etc.
    Yea, I love the mountain itself but couldn't commit to buying a vacation home in the area and making it my "home" mountain for those very reasons that you outlined.

The lack of crowds and lack of amenities are directly correlated.

If Gore was "state of the art" like say Stratton, it would be more crowded.

I'm committed to Gore (own land in the area) in part because of how quiet it is, and the hundreds of thousands of acres of wilderness in the area, not in spite of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    The lack of crowds and lack of amenities are directly correlated.

If Gore was "state of the art" like say Stratton, it would be more crowded.

I'm committed to Gore (own land in the area) in part because of how quiet it is, and the hundreds of thousands of acres of wilderness in the area, not in spite of it.
    Lot's of great summer activities too great hiking and fishing.

Someone said there are no amenities but like you I prefer to be away from that.

And Lake George village is only 20-25 minutes away tons of amenities there.

Thread Information